I'm losing my...something...what was that thing?

SpiceyMom
on 5/17/11 7:20 am
VSG on 04/28/11 with
Oh yeah, my MIND. Mostly the organizational part of it. I filled out passport apps for two of my daughters yesterday. I put the wrong city of birth for one of them, and she's the one I actually birthed! (I have kids born in eight cities and five countries but you might think I would remember the one I had!) Then we showed up for their passport appointment nice and early today...24 hours early to be exact. I made the appointment yesterday, put it on my phone even, yet I still showed up today.

It took me a couple of weeks to remember to call HP about my son's computer. Forgot to fill out pages of paperwork for our trip to Peru. Showed up at the wrong time for a meeting last night. Sigh.

Are any of the other newly sleeved having this problem? I wondered if it were a byproduct of low calories or something? Basically, I'm just wondering if I can blame my memory problems on the sleeve or do I have to own my dorkiness? Lol!
Mom to 8, looking forward to a healthy future!         
babzmcgee
on 5/17/11 7:32 am
 I am right there with you! I attended 2 support group meetings a month. One is the first Wednesday of every month, the other is the second Tuesday. On more than one occasion, I have went to the Wednesay meeting on a Tuesday wondering why the door was locked and no one was there!

I'm blaming the sleeve! lol....couldn't be me :)
OH Support Group Leader

SpiceyMom
on 5/17/11 7:37 am
VSG on 04/28/11 with
No Babz, NO!! I don't want to hear that it's still happening nine months later! Lol!
Jenijeni
on 5/17/11 7:38 am
Those of us with fibromyalgia know this as fibro-fog! I call it having Swiss cheese for brains... There seem to be giant holes in my brain function!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/11 7:40 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
An
Es
Thee
Zha
SpiceyMom
on 5/17/11 7:44 am
VSG on 04/28/11 with
Lol! I didn't expect it to be so long-lasting. I don't remember having these issues with my prior surgeries...

Still I like your answer since it doesn't involve me losing my mind permanently.
(deactivated member)
on 5/17/11 7:47 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Life is full O fun!  :} 

I think the fact that you dont remember is a big plus. You probably wont remember this either.

Wait.

What were we sayin?
kalimamasmom
on 5/17/11 7:57 am
Yes, I am also suffering from CRS (can't remember sh*t) syndrome.  I hope it goes away soon, because I'm normally on it!  It's freaking everyone out!
Jen

SpiceyMom
on 5/17/11 8:02 am
VSG on 04/28/11 with
I know! I am definitely known for my memory and organizational skills. Come back, come back, wherever you've gone! SOON!!!!
MN_Mama
on 5/17/11 8:14 am

First thing you lose is your mind, and I don't remember the next.......

I finally started being able to function at about 2 months out, but I'm just now starting to think I'm getting back to my normal function (as bad as that is!).
Part of it was the diet; starvation, liquid diets aren't good for brains, another is the anesthesia, and the third is my body is too busy recovering from a whole system shock, so why would it focus on keeping my brain cells aligned? 
Oh well, I may be ditsy, but I'll be a healthier ditz from here on out. 
Take care.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views