Losing weight but not around the middle!

browls0
on 5/19/11 6:07 am
I am losing weight but not much around the middle. 4.5 inch loss in the waist for 40 lb weight loss. That does not seem like much to me compared to the weight I've lost. It is my stupid problem spot! And yes I'm working out! That is the place I most want to get rid of the inches! Anybody else have this problem?
- Autumn

MaryKedz
on 5/19/11 6:23 am - Lancaster, NY
I have the exact same problem. I am 48 and I think it is due to my age. They say the biggest weight gain (and the hardest to lose) for middle-aged women is the "spare tire" around the mid-section. It has gone down some but it is just hanging on.
“...but with God all things are possible."  - Matthew 19:26                        
KrisJ77
on 5/19/11 6:41 am - TX
Because of my knee - when I'm at the gym I do the bike.....it really helps the middle! You hold your stomach in without even realizing it!!!

kwood15
on 5/19/11 6:44 am - OK
I lost weight every where except for my stomach for the first 2-3 months. My face and neck, my shoulders, my legs and my butt, and i mean my pants were falling off my butt but nothing in my stomach but it is going now. And it seemed to go quickly once it started. I know it stinks cuz that too was my main concern, and still is but i promise it will happen!

sleevegirl
on 5/19/11 6:50 am - Austin, TX
Most of my weight is in my stomach too. Any time I've lost weight, it's always  slid down, starts at my head/face and makes it's way down. Makes me nuts. LOL. If it helps, it eventually HAS to go away, right? Did you try talking nicely to your spare tire?

Hey, I'll try anything once... LOL

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

SassyItalian
on 5/19/11 7:20 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
For many of us the stomach does give it up until you lose more..it will eventually start coming off your tummy. Be patient, you will get there.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

BigCaliSmile
on 5/19/11 8:30 am - La Puente, CA
I havent lost a pant size because of that dang spare tire/bellybutton flab I can relate.
Jan in Cali,  5ft  Sw 224                       
inkslingerdiva
on 5/19/11 3:24 pm - Dumfries, VA
VSG on 01/22/11 with
I have alway been potbellied or sometimes called an apple body shape. I am currently a 36C with a size 6 hips/ 34" flat ass that shrinks daily and my waist is a whopping 39 inches/size 20. My legs, arms and face look almost normal weight.

I am told this is due to skeletal structure. My ribs barely clear my pelvis by an inch which means I am" short waisted". This body type carries fat like a man, usually in their belly, tends to have no ass but great legs. Also called a diamond body shape.
SW: 228Lbs. GW: 125Lbs. Goal in 14.5 Months CW: 122.7Lbs Down 105.3Lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 91 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 311 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 361 views