My restriction and feeling full so fast
Lacing my thin fingers together
Crossing my legs
Fitting easily into old clothes
Getting super close to needing new clothes
Losing 9 inches in my waist already
My scale (who knew?)
Being so close to onederland already
Having my husband tell me all places I'm losing weight that I hadn't even realized

Things i hate:

Protein drinks, but I still try to choke down a double scoop shake daily (with fingers pinching my nose!)
That my arms are still so huge, but I'm being patient...Rome wasn't built in a day and neither were my upper arms!

Things that surprised me:

I'm enjoying my morning walks!
I ate my previously hated eggs...and liked them
I am so even-keeled without carbs in my life.
I crave protein but nothing else, really
This way of life doesn't seem like a burden but a huge gift
I'm already getting sassier--yesterday I lost a fundraising bet and had to dye my hair hot pink, something the old Jill would never have done!

Honestly, I'm sure there are more positives but y'all don't have all day! Suffice it to say that I am thrilled My sweet hubby agreed to pay for this surgery so I could have it done quickly and not have to spend another hot Texas summer being severely obese. In about 11 pounds, in fact, I will be overweight! Can't wait!

Have a great Memorial Day weekend fellow sleevers!!
Mom to 8, looking forward to a healthy future!         
Paige V.
on 5/28/11 1:02 am - Gainesville, FL
how excited, and good for you! I hope this is my last summer being this fat in scorching Florida! :)
smilinmomof3
on 5/28/11 1:10 am - MI
Thanks for posting this - I love to hear the positive side of someone journey.. I'm so happy for you - And I'm excited to see how your life changes over the next year. Congrats! 
                                      WHOOO BABY - I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

tar63
on 5/28/11 1:10 am - Oconomowoc, WI
VSG on 07/28/11 with
Congrats !!!

Im excited for you !  Im intrested in the fact that you are liking others kinds of foods that you didnt like before. Is that very common?   im not a big fish eater i wonder if that will change in July for me ??  

Tom
(deactivated member)
on 5/28/11 1:25 am
VSG on 03/14/11 with
Sweet post, girlie! You're doing so well! I'm very happy for you! And I know all about those hot Texas summers. Born and raised!
lisa53406
on 5/28/11 1:41 am - Racine, WI
Congratulations on your successes! I too am surprised at how my cravings have disappeared. I happily and gratefully accept it!

Have a good weekend.

Lisa

HW: 399   SW: 380    CW: 305   GW: 150  
SassyItalian
on 5/28/11 1:54 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
It is so great to see you embracing all the changes from your VSG. You are doing a great job. And wow, what a hubby to have paid for your surgery so you could have a better quality of life. Does he have a twin? LOL

Take care
xox
Sassy

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

SpiceyMom
on 5/28/11 11:51 am
VSG on 04/28/11 with
LOL! No, no twin! He can be ridiculously indulgent with me, at times. Once he realized I wanted to do the surgery he was all in. He's already talking about plastics, if need be. He's not saying he thinks I need it, just that he's aware it can be a consequence of wls.

Ok, rambling....
No More Spanx
on 5/28/11 1:59 am - Rock Island, IL
It is so great to hear how well you are doing.  I have been following your posts as I was first inspired when I found out how large your family is.  One of my main concerns was being able to manage my kids after surgery.  Now mind you I only have 2, but I am divorced so I do not have the extra support of a man.  I am also excited for your success because my surgery is with Dr. A on June 11.  It's reassurring to hear all the success stories coming from his patients!  Keep up the amazing work and keep sharing, it has helped me sooo much!
HT: 5'3"    HW: 235   Starting  BMI: 41.6     CW: 128  Current     BMI: 22.6                    

SpiceyMom
on 5/28/11 11:59 am
VSG on 04/28/11 with
I was so concerned about the kid thing, too! I was afraid it would be cumbersome to cook two different meals each night but it hasn't been a big deal, although I am eating very simply right now. I need to make more of an effort to make meals that we can all eat.

The best thing I did prior to surgery is cook and freeze several meals. By the time those were gone I was feeling up to cooking again. My kids have been very helpful, too, but I have three teenagers.

Good luck with Dr. A! Obviously I had a good experience and recovery...thankfully I didn't have any nausea after surgery and could drink pretty well from the start. Hopefully, you will have such an easy experience, too! Tell Jessica hello! She's the nurse who hangs out with you during the days and is a sweetie.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 84 views