I think I broke my stall and have lost 102 lbs!!!!

mjchristy
on 5/28/11 3:24 am - IN
Since Monday I have lost 4 lbs.  I was trying to make the decision if I wanted to go on the 5 day pouch diet or back to basics and I chose back to basics.  I was going to try the 5 day pouch diet but I just couldn't do it.  I wanted to splurge ten times more so I chose to up my protein by adding 1 or 2 more shakes a day.  I start off with a shake and then eat breakfast 1/2 hr to 1 hr later.  I am trying not to eat anything past 6 pm also except drinking my water.  As of now I have lost 102 lbs.  Welcome to the Century Club!  Thanks for all your help and support.

Melissa
  SW:  302  Surgery W:  275  VSG:  October 13, 2010          
sleeve genie
on 5/28/11 4:36 am - Alhambra, CA
Congratulations, wow,  you have done an amazing job and you should be so proud of yourself,   :o)jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

BJUpNorth
on 5/28/11 8:48 am - MN
Wow, what a great job you have been doing!! Amazing how getting back to basics is the key. Guess we all have to remember that when we are struggling.

Keep up the great work.

Brenda

onehappygirl
on 5/28/11 9:58 am, edited 5/28/11 9:59 am
So.....tell us how many grams of protein you were on when you stalled and what you upped yourself to. This subject is fascinating to me, as I am also doing the same thing---kick-starting more rapid weight loss by doubling my protein. I get in about 110 grams a day now and am losing 1 pound every other day. I am not sure how long it will last, but it has been a winning strategy for me for the last 2 weeks! Congrats on your losses!
mjchristy
on 5/28/11 1:39 pm - IN
I was on 65 - 80 grams of protein in a day.  I have upped it to almost 100 grams per day.  We will see how long that lasts but right now it is working.  Thank goodness!  It was getting very frustrating.

Melissa
  SW:  302  Surgery W:  275  VSG:  October 13, 2010          
Ladydivigirl
on 5/28/11 2:04 pm
Do u get most of your protein from foods or shakes?

"The will of God will not take me where the GRACE of God cannot protect me!"    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 261 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 325 views