My hip joints are so sore! Why?

SpiceyMom
on 6/2/11 8:22 am
VSG on 04/28/11 with
I almost feel like I'm pregnant my hip joints are hurting so much. I have been walking a couple of miles a day and this morning I couldn't do it because of the pain. I was wondering, is it possible that the tendons/ligaments in my pelvic bone are still stretched out and haven't snapped back with this recent weight loss? My lower back is also "off" feeling.

Anyone else with this problem? Any ideas? Will it go away soon? Lol
Mom to 8, looking forward to a healthy future!         
Jackie00
on 6/2/11 8:27 am
I haven't had the surgery yet and my back pain has been really bad lately so I tried the pillow between the knees at night time and it seems to be helping even though I am not pregnant.  Maybe try that for a bit to see if it helps.
jennkitt
on 6/2/11 8:51 am - MI
I'd suggest a trip to the chiropractor and a good massage, the nerves in the pelvis/back are very interconnected, a strain in one (or misalignment) can cause pain all over the area.  Bummer.  I had lots of problems when pregnant, but luckily not otherwise.

Jenn

HW: 305, Consult: 285, Day of surg:261

BriarRose
on 6/2/11 8:53 am
Ypu might need more padding on your mattress ! My family used to own mattress stores, and often folks would come in complaining of hip pain, or shoulder pain when the bed gets old, or if you lose weight and don't have the padding yourself ! Try buying a thick foam egg crateing for your mattress, put the egg crate side up facing you. put your mattress pad over it, and then the bottom sheet. See if that helps !
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
lmreadynow
on 6/2/11 9:07 am
I've recently been seeing a chiropractor. I don't know why I waited so long! I now have NO pelvic pain, can stand straight up, and feel 500% better. My pelvis pain was connected to my leg pain, connected to my lower back, and my weak 'core' muscles. It's amazing how everything works together!

HW291  SW279  l'm 5'7"        
No More Spanx
on 6/2/11 9:14 am - Rock Island, IL

Im sorry to hear that you are in pain, I certainly know the feeling.  My ex sister-in-law is a fantastic Chiropractor and she has got me through sciatica, TMJ and a multitude of weight related pain.My biggest worry after surgery is not being able to get my back adjusted until I heal (or until I can lay comfortably on my stomach) and I have a feeling that it may hurt as it will be close to my "TOM".    I hope you feel better soon...and don't forget to stretch really good before walking!!

Ann

HT: 5'3"    HW: 235   Starting  BMI: 41.6     CW: 128  Current     BMI: 22.6                    

Mrs.Jackatar
on 6/2/11 9:19 am - Pine Falls, Canada
I have the exact same symptoms.  I started noticing it 2 months post op.  The more weight I lose, the worse it gets.  I need to go to the chiropractor.

Sherry
HW 300 CW 294 DAY OF SURG WEIGHT 267 Height  5'2.5
NUT Goal 180   My Goal  150

KSqtpie
on 6/2/11 9:21 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12

I haven't had surgery yet, but I do suffer from lower back, hip, and tailbone pain due to a horrible car accident I was in years ago. Here are a couple things I have found over the years to REALLY help...and believe me, I have tried EVERYTHING.

1. Fascia massage (if you find someone who uses Young Living Essential Oils to combine with your treatment---that is the BEST outcome I have had.) Here is a discription of this type of massage: http://massage.savvy-cafe.com/massage-fascia-work-2007-03-26 /

2. Neptune Krill Oil-- it's a potent antioxident good for joint health and full of Omega 3 and 9 fatty acids (takes about 45 days of continued use to really feel a difference)

3. Cutting out all sugers (which I am sure you have done since you are post op), this really helped cut down the inflamation.

4. I go see a Chiropractor about once ever 3 months just for general "maintenance" and if I have a flare up, I will schedule 4-5 visits with my physical therapist to help me work out with some stretching (there are some things you just can't do alone that are necessary for the healing process)

Hope this helps. Hip pain and back pain are the worst because it slows down everything you do. Good luck to you!!!!! :)

(deactivated member)
on 6/2/11 9:49 am
My friend is having the same issues since her WLS loss, and I posted this a long time ago- and got several responses.. it seems like it's not too uncommon! The only explanation she was given by her doc was that with the weight loss- our body dynamics are off. More movement in locations, ligaments and tendons that were held mostly still before due to the padding we had. Exercises  to strengthen the lower back, hips, improve flexibility were the only suggested helps.. 
Katester
on 6/3/11 12:33 am
I have constant right hip pain. It is also the side I sleep on. It started about 3 months post op-when I could cross my legs. I thought it was directly related to that because I cross them every time I sit down and I work at a desk all day and am sitting 7+ hours. Maybe it's a combination of losing over 100 lbs, crossing my legs constantly and sleeping on the same hip. It hurts even if I sleep on the other side. Plus my boyfriend has a OLLLLD crappy bed....
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 92 views