Unusual situation - need advice on recovery times for sleeve please (time sensitive)

Need4Change
on 6/3/11 5:11 am - NJ
I think the payment will be ok... surgery is june 29th and last day at work is july 15th
ahleeeshah
on 6/3/11 4:17 am
I'm in a desk job. Surgery on a Monday, back to work the following Monday. I was surprisingly fine, really. Hopefully your new job will be as understanding as mine was about how often you have to eat/drink.

I'm 25 and in good health other than my weight. I had never had surgery before, and this one went just fine! Make sure to get up and walk around at the hospital as soon as you can. I did and I think it helped me a lot.

Need4Change
on 6/3/11 8:33 am - NJ
The update is that I let them know I can start on the 18th and they'll let me know on Monday if this is ok. At this point, if its meant to be its meant to be! I've done my part.

Thank you all for the support, wishes and advice/feedback! Its much appreciated.

Good luck on your journey and weight loss
urmisnshin2
on 6/5/11 9:10 am - TX
I am having surgery on June 29th as well and have planned for my first day back to be the 14th of July. My job is partial desk, partial hands on care, but no lifting etc. I run an infusion (IV dept). I've watched two of my co-workers, my supervisor, and my sister all have this procedure in the past year. One co-worker took one week off and could have used two, my sister took 3 weeks off and only really needed two, and my supervisor took two and came back and did very well, which is why I've chosen to only take two weeks. Most of the staff in my surgeon's office have had the surgery as well and their recommendations were two weeks as well. Hope both of us have as easy a time as everyone I know has and we're both kicking butt two weeks out!

Need4Change
on 6/9/11 4:52 am - NJ
News update!!

I just spoke with the new employer and they said they are still interested, but will consider me for the next project which could be in 1-2 months time, so I'm really relieved!!  :)  I can relax now...phewwww!  No more stressing over how, when, why!!   

So happy right now... thank you all for your feedback and happy journey-ing!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 65 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 247 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views