Incredibly Thankful

Christabel
on 6/7/11 7:30 am

...is what I am. 

I love my sleeve.

I'm 50 pounds down so far from my high weight of 233.

I promised myself that when I got to this point I'd tell everyone at work how I lost the weight, so last week I did just that.  I started with the people who I thought could make best use of the information, then progressed to those who asked every time I turned around.  Sometimes they were one and the same person.  Unfortunately, some of them won't ever get surgery even though they could because they're too scared to take a chance.  Others that I thought would think less of me for doing this are actually asking me for information on how to get it.

Wonders never cease.

Last night I finally went shopping for new pants, another thing I promised myself I'd do only after I'd lost 50 pounds.  I've been wearing the same pair of stretchy size 18 slacks EVERY SINGLE WORK DAY since before Christmas.  They're black, of course, and they stretched out to accommodate my over-18-sized body.  In most clothing I was wearing a 2X or size 20.

I thought I was probably in a 16, so that's the size I looked for when I shopped.  Wouldn't you know it, they were all out of size 16!  They did have a 14 available in the same pants I've been wearing forever, so I took a chance and took them to the little room to try on (another thing I'd never do before - I'd just buy a huge size and take it home).

You guessed it, the size 14 pants actually fit!  They were a little tight, but by golly, THEY FIT!!!

Every single day I am incredibly thankful for this GIFT I've been given.  My Sleeve Sister and I joked at one time about getting matching tatoos with our surgery date.

That might not be too far from the truth.

'
    "    
phred
on 6/7/11 7:38 am - CO

Gratitude for what you've received from your WLS is so much better than complaining about what you've given up!

Hugs,

Fred

If it feels good, do it!  And if it smells good, eat it!

dguenat123
on 6/7/11 8:41 am - Belton, TX
VSG on 12/21/10 with

I like that Fred and congratulations on the new pants and smaller size.

Live, Love and Laugh!    
Lisa D.
on 6/7/11 11:11 am - New Orleans, LA
Tight today, loose next week!  Time for you to hit the thrift stores.  
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 315 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views