yesterday 4 months surgiversary...

charmaine A.
on 6/8/11 6:52 am - MI

Yesterday was four months since surgery and I wanted to update how I am doing.  I weighed in the morning of surgery at 355 pounds with a bmi of 57.3.  I weighed in yesterday at 280 pounds..so a 75 pound loss so far.  My bmi has gone to 45.2 which takes me out of the super morbidly obese category and brings me into extremely obese category.  I have not worked in four years due to my knees and my hips hurting and ankles at work, and I went out and gotten a job and have been able to keep it and not quit after a day or so.  I waitress and it makes it very difficult to do it when I was so heavy.  I feel better when I sleep, before I would feel like I was being suffocated by fat at night but now I feel so much better when I wake up. I follow my surgeons recommendations as far as diet, i have been eating between 600 calories and 800 daily and maintaining around 100g of protein.  I do not get hungry which is a plus working serving food all day, but when I serve people who overeat all day long surely puts my life before into perspective.  My husband seems to tell me when we are intimate how he can tell how much ive lost, which makes me feel good also.  I thought prior to surgery I would miss food more than I do, but I really dont.  I thought that when I would get full I would want to eat more, but I thank God everytime i do.  This has been the best thing i could have done for myself.   Good luck to anyone deciding on this surgery because it has been the best decision I could have made for myself.  Thanks for reading..

Best of Luck, Charmaine

Jenny C.
on 6/8/11 7:07 am
Congratulations on your success!  You sound so peaceful and happy.  Wishing you the best! Jenny

charmaine A.
on 6/8/11 7:09 am - MI
thanks jenny..your doing awesome congrats:)..

Best of Luck, Charmaine

Denean R.
on 6/8/11 7:22 am - CA
This is the best testimony I have read so far! Good for you! Keep up the great work.

charmaine A.
on 6/8/11 1:23 pm - MI
thanks dannee..its been awesome for me...:)

Best of Luck, Charmaine

FaithForward
on 6/8/11 7:36 am - Houston, TX
Good for you!! Working and being out and about after 4 years HAS to feel wonderful.
Keep up the hard work......its paying off.
But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded. ~2 Chronicles 15:7 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers 
5'6" ~ Loving a size 4 ~
Plastics Apr 17th, 2012 with Dr. Sauceda ~ BL, BA, LBL w/ flap aug & mini thigh lift!

charmaine A.
on 6/8/11 1:24 pm - MI
thank you faith..it feels awesome..

Best of Luck, Charmaine

BJUpNorth
on 6/8/11 8:42 am - MN
Thank you so much for sharing! Congratulations on your weight loss. You are doing AWESOME!!
charmaine A.
on 6/8/11 1:24 pm - MI
thanks bj...

Best of Luck, Charmaine

BigCaliSmile
on 6/8/11 9:09 am - La Puente, CA
Im glad you posted talk about blessings with this surgery. I am glad to read you are having success in a few areas of your life and I am sure more to come.Congrads on the huge weight loss so far.
Jan in Cali,  5ft  Sw 224                       
Most Active