Sooo Spanx aren't really that bad...

No More Spanx
on 6/9/11 12:40 pm - Rock Island, IL
I am sitting here typing this post knowing that I have to wake up at 4:00am to get to the airport to fly to San Antonio to be picked up for surgery tomorrow. I can't help but wonder "What the hellfire am I doing...?".  Night after night I read all of the posts here of scared nervous folks going in for surgery.  I have heard all of the positive and reassuring messages and felt good with the decision I have made.  I just cannot believe it has come to this.  The "What if's..." are filling my mind .....
HT: 5'3"    HW: 235   Starting  BMI: 41.6     CW: 128  Current     BMI: 22.6                    

Jackie00
on 6/9/11 12:42 pm
Speedy recovery and get back on here and tell us all about it :)
USAF Wife
on 6/9/11 12:47 pm
Best wishes. . .

Just my thought process: if the word "THAT" is used, then it's never a good situation. I.E. "his penis wasn't that small"! ! !

See what I mean? ? ? you'll do great, enjoy your flight, breathe in and out.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

SassyItalian
on 6/9/11 12:50 pm - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
Be ready to ditch those spanx! And run around all skinny and nude. Beats being all covered and restricted.

Yay for VSG!

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

Helen S.
on 6/9/11 12:52 pm - TX
 I live in San Antonio and my surgery date is June 21st. I'm so thankful to be able to do this for myself, but I'm sure on June 20the I'll be feeling the same thing as you. Have a great trip to San Antonio and speedy recovery! 

AniO
on 6/9/11 1:09 pm
Good luck with the surgery. You're going to fall in love with your sleeve.

Oh and I love my Spanx. The more I lose, the more I need them.

AniO

LeahBea
on 6/9/11 7:25 pm
VSG on 05/31/11 with
I was just down there to have my surgery with Dr. Alvarez on May 31st. He has an amazing staff that are all very supportive. Anything that you could possibly need while you're in the hospital, they'll take care of for you. Any questions you have will be answered. Don't worry, you're in good hands.

You'll do fine, good luck and let us know how it goes.

Leah

(deactivated member)
on 6/9/11 7:28 pm - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Squeeze yourself, Rosie, and Dr. A for me!  I will be thinking of you!!
MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 6/10/11 4:50 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
I'll tell you what the hellfire you are doing.....you are doing the best thing you can do for yourself!!!!

I had the same freak-out/panic/second guessing/anxiety attack on Tuesday afternoon before I flew out on Wednesday for my Thursday surgery  (do ya see the similarity in the timeframe here?).  You are having a normal reaction.

So put on your big girl panties and go for it!  You will be so glad you did.
     Never, never, never give up!
...though she be but little, she is FIERCE...
A Midsummer Night's Dream
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 76 views