1 week out from surgery

momof3liloneswife21
on 6/14/11 11:54 pm
My surgery was one week ago.  It's hard to believe!  I've been working hard at getting my 4 supplements in and yesterday, I managed to get in 3.5 of them.  I just couldn't choke down the other half of that last one!  :)   So.... I'm getting there.  I'm off pain meds, feeling good.  I am pretty tired by about 7 PM, but that's when my 3 young children start to settle for the night, too, so it's been working out okay.  We've been taking family walks each evening, so that's been great.  I'm 35 pounds down today (2 weeks pre-op diet, plus the one week since surgery), and I FEEL GREAT.  I am pleased I did this.  I go back to work 1/2 day on Friday, and then full time next week.  I think I'll be just fine  :)
Woo hoo!
Am missing chewing foods, do have to say that!  My doc doesn't let us go off liquids for 4 weeks, so it will feel like a long time!  :)
Chris

momof3liloneswife21
on 6/14/11 11:57 pm
lucy2e
on 6/15/11 12:08 am - Laurel, MD
Congrats - sounds like you are doing AWESOME!  Doing the happy dance for you!    Keep rockin your sleeve!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Jhb617
on 6/15/11 12:22 am - Livonia, MI
Congrats! You're doing awesome!!
George B.
on 6/15/11 12:57 am - Miami, FL
Chris,

Congratulations! Sounds like you're doing great.

Have you tried sugar free popsicles? They satisfy the urge to chew. 

Continued success,
George

smilinmomof3
on 6/15/11 1:25 am - MI
Hi Chris - I'm a Dr. Nagle patient too! I'm 4 weeks post op today. I'm just starting the soft foods like eggs, canned chicken etc.
When you go in for your 2 week check up - you'll get some chewy food - crackers, cottage cheese. I pretty much survive on Cottage cheese. It's the one thing that my tummy can handle really well and not get to full feeling. It took a while but I can now do 1/2 cup in one sitting.
I had my first egg this morning and that went just fine too. :) 

Where did you have your surgery? St. Mary's ?? That's where I had mine and they were great!! 
Let's keep in touch, I'd love to watch your progress.
Cindy
                                      WHOOO BABY - I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

Chimere
on 6/15/11 9:57 am

If you have a hard time with pills buy a pill crusher and put them in your drinks like your protien drink.  Kellawanda suggested that and i went out and bought one. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 258 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views