Overwhelmed (in a good way)

SpiceyMom
on 6/16/11 10:53 pm
VSG on 04/28/11 with
So...I realized I simply had to get some clothes this week. I walked into a department store where I had been buying plus sizes in the past and was unsure where to look. I didn't know if I needed plus or misses. So...I plunged in and tried on misses sizes and they fit! Yes, it was mostly 16 or XL (some L) but they FIT!

That's when I got just a bit overwhelmed at all the choices out there for me. I've been wearing clothes to conceal/camouflage for so long I wasn't sure what my style is! What a problem to have, right? I finally realized that if I don't get it right with the size 16s, I have more chances to figure it out on the way down.

I'll end with a question: how long were you able to stay in various sizes on the way down? I seem to recall some folks saying the smaller the size, the more quickly they shrunk out of it. It's so hard to know how much to buy, when (so it isn't too big when you need it), etc?
Mom to 8, looking forward to a healthy future!         
Paige V.
on 6/16/11 10:59 pm - Gainesville, FL
personally I plan on shopping at Goodwill or cheap stores like Bealls for the first 6 months or so. It wont hurt me so much to outgrow a $5 shirt as it would a more expensive one lol! 
SpiceyMom
on 6/16/11 11:02 pm
VSG on 04/28/11 with
Now that I know I can wear misses sizes, I think I may try our local resale shop. I was afraid to go in and not find any plus sizes. I have actually bought a couple of new without tags dresses off ebay so I may keep up with that a bit.
Paige V.
on 6/16/11 11:04 pm - Gainesville, FL
lol I have that problem all the time, but luckily I always go with my Mom who is normal sized...so if there is nothing for me, I can just shop with her ;)
metime
on 6/16/11 11:07 pm - chesapeake, VA
I would just buy a few things, and wait for the stuff to go on sale to buy the next size..before you know it they will be putting Fall clothes on the racks and marking down the Summer stuff.

SpiceyMom
on 6/16/11 11:12 pm
VSG on 04/28/11 with
Oh yeah, I just bought a few things, mostly on sale already. Two sundresses I bought will last a while, I think, with tanks under them if they are big in the top.

Great advice, ladies! Thanks!
jalynn-gettin-skinny
on 6/17/11 1:50 am
VSG on 06/07/11 with
Yes, I am counting on sundresses.  I just bought another one yesterday.  So comfy and should last a while.

I'm 5' 8.5" & lost about 4 lbs. pre-op which is included in the bar above.    
MediumSoon
on 6/17/11 2:27 am - TX
For me, some sizes just lasted a couple of weeks. Haven't had to buy a lot (had some friends who passed clothes to me). Don't be afraid to ask for "loaners" from friends who may be holding on to sizes that don't fit them currently - you'll only need them for a few weeks!!

SpiceyMom
on 6/17/11 3:10 am
VSG on 04/28/11 with
Oh, when I get into a 10 or 12, I will be raiding my mom's closet. She has more clothes than would seem humanly possible because she keeps them for years, yet always buys tons more each season. Otherwise, though, I seem to have all skinny friends. Or way too short for me. If only...
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views