10 Day Follow Up - Update on lump ;)

sleevegirl
on 7/1/11 6:55 am - Austin, TX
So, Tuesday (that's day 14) I can start full liquids. Whew. Me and this Isopure aren't getting along so well. I am not liking the whey (or my tummy doesn't). So, he said to space it out every couple of hours. Tuesday I can start getting protein from other sources to help out with that. I have 4 weeks of full liquids and some purees and then move on to soft foods.

He took off my steri strips! Yay! They have been itching like crazy the past few days. I cannot believe how GOOD my incisions look though. I was surprised. Amazing what they can do now.

The lump he said isn't really a lump, just thickening from the tissues or something. He said not to worry, that it's normal. Whew. Well, mostly, whew. I'm a worrywart so I'll be worrying anyway until it's gone. I worry about worrying.

He also said he already heard about my lump from someone on the forum (Hi Catherine LOL) I laughed. So funny! 

I love his office, they all have such an amazing sense of humor and all seem to actually care (which is super important to me!). The nurse while checking my blood pressure and stuff told me that I had the right procedure, he sees a lot of good results with it. I told him that I was cash pay so I was motivated to make it work. *laughing* (not that anyone else isn't, but dude, that's how much I paid for my car!)

Slightly disappointed that I don't get to move on to fully liquids today, but I am going to follow all his rules... I promised myself I would, that's why I went with a very conservative surgeon. I want the least chance of any problems and the most chance of success. Onward! 

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Ms. Poker Face
on 7/1/11 7:01 am
Glad you got an answer on the lump and it's nothing.  

Don't feel too bummed about the full liquids hold up if you're anything like me... I have been cleared for them but I tried a pre-mixed protein shake again today and it's just too thick!  So it's Isopure for me today (again).  

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

sleevegirl
on 7/1/11 7:06 am - Austin, TX
If I never see another bottle of Isopure, it will be too soon. Ugh. I can't wait to have a shake again. LOL. Having said that, I'm allergic to soy and the egg one makes me nauseous so whey it is even though it seems I have a slight intolerance to it.

I'm just anxious to move to something that I can tolerate well. It's all good though. It's a rule. I am good rule follower :)

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

roundater
on 7/1/11 7:07 am - Lincoln, NE
Way to go. Good luck on your journey and hope yours continues to be as smooth as mine was.
Rich Sonderegger

sleevegirl
on 7/1/11 10:05 am - Austin, TX
Thanks, we're just rockin' it out :)

roundater
on 7/1/11 11:01 am - Lincoln, NE
You're welcome. Here's to succesful journeys for both of us.
Rich Sonderegger

CatherineTEACH
on 7/1/11 3:35 pm - TX
Too funny!  I was asking about complications and one thing led to another with the discussion of your lump.  Geeze, talk about patient confidentiality.  Sorry!  I guess the nerves got me.  Dr. Ganta truly is a funny fella.  I even told him I was hoping your appointment was close to mine so I could have seen you and said hi! 

I am trying to stay away from the Isopure until after surgery so that I don't get sick of it.  I am lucky that I like broth so I can switch it up with that if I want.  

Glad to hear the lump is "benign" so to speak!  

Night OH!   
  GW 150# (fingers crossed!)   

"Success comes before work, only in the dictionary." 
  Vince Lombardi, Green Bay Packers Coach    
sleevegirl
on 7/2/11 1:08 am - Austin, TX
No no no! It was totally funny and fine. I don't mind at all :) No worries, I'm sure my family will visit SA in the next several months. We love that town. We'll meet up and split an order of fajitas - meat and veg only, thank you very much! Heh.

Yes, I'm SO sick of Isopure. Tuesday... come on, baby!

Yup, I SWEAR it was bigger than it was yesterday. I am obviously insane.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 400 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 427 views