17 lbs since surgery?

SkinnyKrissy
on 7/3/11 1:25 am - NJ
Wow what a rollercoaster!!! I lost NO weight pre-op, I was a bad girl. But since my surgery on 6/20 I gained 25 lbs of water, lost all that, and also lost another 17 lbs already! I realize its because I am not eating more than 500-600 cals a day and I also am on flagyl for diahreah (sorry TMI) but that cant ALL be water weight, right? Im assuming it will go alot slower from here but I havent been in the 250's (Start weight 271) since before I had my son. 
So I am having a good day.
I went to a BBQ yesterday and was MOSTLY a good girl until the pudding trifle dessert thing came out, I had a little bit. But ate my yogurt and soup while everyone else was pigging out on chips, ribs  and beer. What I have noticed is that MOST of my skinny friends do not sit there and pig out on the chips and they will have ONE hot dog etc. So Its all a matter of adjusting how I used to eat and realizing the food will always be there, it wll be there in 3 weeks when I can eat solids again. LOL And that thin people DO NOT eat a hot  dog, hamburger, chips and 3 desserts......think thin.
Im trying NOT to get upset that no one noticed the 17 lbs. I noticed it when I put a shirt on that didnt fit me 2 months ago and I can see it in my face.
OK sorry for the ramble, just had to get that out. Hope everyone is surviving 4th of July BBQs!!!
ready2Bhealthy2
on 7/3/11 1:37 am
Congrats!  I can't wait to experience my clothes fitting better and then not fitting because they are TOO big.  You are so right about our skinny friends.  They don't eat nearly as much as we do, and the ones who do work out like crazy to stay skinny.  Best of luck on your journey, I hope to join you soon enough on the losers bench!
sleevegirl
on 7/3/11 1:51 am - Austin, TX
So what if it was water weight? It's still weight that had to come off! So, I count every single stinking ounce of it

Congrats, glad to hear you're doing well! Keep up the great work!

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

ready_now
on 7/3/11 2:12 am - st louis, MO
Off to a good start and positive attitude is the way to go........

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/11 2:41 am - Orange County, CA
First off Congratulations and also you were not rambling! I am having surgery towards the end of July and the OH website is my everything right now. Well not really, but hopefully you know what I mean. Thank you for sharing. I have been trying really hard to lose weight prior to the surgery. So far nothing. I have adjusted my eating alot, taking all my vitamins, drinking water, etc. I am worried that if I can't lose weight now that I won't be able to after surgery. What I keep hearing is that after the surgery it is much easier becasue of the restrictions. Thanks again for sharing and congratulations! Happy 4th!!!
Smardeepants
on 7/3/11 3:04 am
Congrats on your los! I would take every single pound... it needs to come off, who cares if it's fa****er, or hair! LOL!

I had surgery 6/27. I'm down 13.4lbs today. I was VERY swollen day of surgery (the heat)... I can now see the bones in my feet! I'm thrilled! 

It's great to be sleeved! Now, if I could just get protein in...

Debber7714
on 7/3/11 3:16 am
Hello Girls,
I just had my VSG surgery on Monday, 6-27-11, and can really relate to the fear of not losing the weight after surgery. I managed to lose 15 pounds drinking strictly protien shakes and water, and then when I got home from the hospital, I managed to gain 4 pounds...which I chalk up to all the fluids they pump in to you. But as of this morning, I dropped the 4 lbs, and lost one more, so grand total is 16 pounds. I am also celebrating every stinkin ounce I lose so hurray for you, SkinnyKrissy!

The 4 of July is just another day, in my books. I realize there's all kinds of parties and BBQ's going on...I am opting out of the celebration for this year. I am still pretty tired, but like everyone says here on OH, every day gets a little bit better. Am looking forward to going back to work and hopefully exercising. See the surgeon for a followup on Thursday, so we'll have to see what he says. Happy 4th everybody!

HW=238 CW=194 SW=220 GW=125  Arrived in "One-derland" on 9/1/11! 
                    "What you choose is what you shall have...
                        what you allow is what shall continue."
kanga003
on 7/3/11 3:24 am
good job so far!

I have lost 60 lbs PRE -op and hardly anyone notices... I am already seeing difeerences... 5lbs used to be prectically nothing to me, now I can feel/see it is various ways... it is fun to rediscover your body :-)
Sassy 1
on 7/3/11 3:34 am
I say that's awesome!  Just remember on the 4th what it signifies- freedom!  And now you have a great tool to free you from your battle with food!  When you CAN eat normal food, you're gonna think, "A hot dog really doesn't taste THAT good!"  I went to a wedding last night- steak, scalloped potatoes, corn jalepeno souffle, salad, baked beans.  I had a bite or two of everything, enjoyed every bite and was perfectly happy (and full)!  I just threw a napkin over my plate to avoid the "Aren't you going to eat MORE?" comments and moved on to dancing.  It REALLY IS FREEING!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
BriarRose
on 7/3/11 4:10 am
I can totally understand !!! It is great that you were able to observe how skinny people eat. I am constantly aware now what people around me eat, how they eat, what they choose ..... where as before, it was just about me....eating....I love love love the freedom to pick at my meals now, and to decide when I am done.

Remember this isn't a race, it's a life style for life !!!
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 283 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views