Think I may cry!!!

Jessica Houston
on 7/3/11 2:54 pm - Wichita, KS
So my hubby took our two older sons (14 &9) to see transformers in 3D. They went to a late showing so the baby would be asleep. And he was until the damn neighbors shot off what sounded like a cannon right outside his bedroom window! Now I am laying here, practically in tears, because I can't do a damn thing to comfort him! He weighs 25lbs and my weight restriction is 20lbs! Nothing like hearing your baby call out for you & not be able to go and hold him!
HW: 245lbs SW:232lbs; CW: 206.2lbs;  GW:125lbs  Height 5ft 2in 

BriarRose
on 7/3/11 2:59 pm
Go and hold him. Don't pick him up, but lean over his crib, pat his back, tell him you are there. For goodness sake -- picking up your baby who should be able to help get himself up at that weight is not going to make or break you.
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
Sandy S.
on 7/3/11 3:05 pm
Curse the fireworks!  I hate them.  They scare my daughter and make my dogs bark. Happy 4th bah humbub! LOL  Is it unAmerican to hate the 4th?  Hope you and your baby  feel better.

"Step by step the longest march can be won,"  Sweet Honey and the Rock- Peace, San  HW 463 Surgery: 6/13/11; SW 413      
Jessica Houston
on 7/3/11 4:14 pm - Wichita, KS
Thnk you BriarRose.... I finally gave in and went in to comfort him... it wasn't the fireworks that woke him up, he had a blowout in his diaper! His poor bottom is scalding red. Changed him and applied mass amounts of diaper cream to his bottom then we went and rocked in the chair. I figured he is only 5 lbs over my restriction... I just won't let it happen again. I wouldn't even think of having somebody else come over and soothe my child. He did most of the work... climbed right up in my arms. The hard part was getting him back in his crib! He is sound asleep & I am going to get a dose of pain meds and an ice pack and head to bed too!
HW: 245lbs SW:232lbs; CW: 206.2lbs;  GW:125lbs  Height 5ft 2in 

roundater
on 7/3/11 7:15 pm - Lincoln, NE
Sorry you had the problem. Too bad hubby wasn't there to carry the load. Can empathize a little bit because our dogs always need extra pills on the 4th because of the noise. Give the baby a hug and kiss for me. Good luck and let me know if I can help further.
Rich Sonderegger

Disappearing Me
on 7/3/11 9:04 pm - Murphysboro, IL
So sorry to hear that, but I can empathize!  This is not related to WLS, but I had a c-section when my twins were born.  So I had a little weight restriction but not much.  However, when they were 2 months old, I was back in the hospital for a week and had my galbladder out (bad situation.)  I had a weight restriction then and it was so difficult taking care of twins when my husband was at work.  I admit I picked them up but did so on a limited basis.  Sometimes you have to do what you have to do.
urmisnshin2
on 7/4/11 1:00 pm - TX

Oh Jessica be careful...as Mom's we do what we have to do to take care of our babies...I did this very same thing with my youngest son right after having gallbladder surgery...and sure enough I did pull the incisions in the fascia and developed an incisional hernia.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views