Need encouragement

8less2day
on 7/5/11 1:59 pm - Plano, TX
VSG on 11/02/10 with
I had VSG 11/7/2010 and lost great the first 3 months, however I've pretty much stalled since February 2011.  I've only lost approximately 60 pounds which was great at 3 months, but now, seven months later, it's not so great.  I haven't gained and it's weird to be pretty much the same weight day in and day out for months.  I am exercising but should exercise more, I get my water in and protein in but probably have more carbs some days than I should.  I need some words of encouragement, especially for those who have faced the same issue as I am.  I keep thinking it may have something to do with the menopause I'm going through but I really don't know.  Looking for motivation and encouragement.

ruggie
on 7/5/11 2:03 pm - Sacramento, CA
Are you keeping a food journal?

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

cece58
on 7/5/11 2:06 pm - CA
You can go to www.fitday.com and use that to keep track of all of your calories, carbs, fats and protein. You can also keep track of your exercise. I found that if I always tracked everything that I ate I would lose weight regularly. Once you have reached your goal the stalls will be just great! Right now just try to stay focused and track, track, track. It is amazing how those calories add up when you aren't writing it all down and measuring everything. You can do it. Also, exercising will increase your metabolism that may be slowing down because of menopause.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us"
Lisa

2BSheila
on 7/5/11 3:50 pm - Nashville, TN
I know all about menopause, and I never met a carb I didn't like.  I feel your frustration, and want to provide the encouragement you need.  You have lost 60 lbs, which is terrific, but it sounds like you've gotten a bit off track.  However, you did the right thing in asking for help, that's the first step in getting back on course.

I found myself straying, and started using myfitnesspal to journal my food intake.  It's easy, and amazing how many carbs I can let slip into my diet.  I'm OK with slower weight loss, as long as it's still a net loss.  And I know that I will keep seeing that loss if I attend my intake, especially of carbs.  When I got off track, I went back to a few days of mostly protein shakes and dense proteins.  No real choices to make, just drink what I need and have a bit of protein at night.   Try that, and you'll get motivated when you see the scale start to move south again.  And don't be too hard on yourself.  You got off track, but can get back on it in no time.  It's a lifestyle change, but much easier to make with the help of our sleeve.  Just do it!  And cudos for your exercise, I need to work on that too!

roundater
on 7/5/11 8:17 pm - Lincoln, NE
Agree with other posters that journaling has helped me. I try to get in one hour of exercise each day. I'm only 26 days out and have stalls already. Just keep plugging and the weight will come off. I shoot for 600-800 calories 40 carbs and 100 grams of protein. hope this helps and let me know if I can help.
Rich Sonderegger

DuanesGirl
on 7/5/11 9:28 pm - KY
I have to agree with the other posters.  You should try tracking your food and see where you're getting those sneaky extra calories.  It sounds like you're moving too, so that's a point in your favor.  I also wonder if you've had your labs done lately?  Not saying it's anything like that, but you never know and all information is good information when making a plan of attack.  Hang in there!  You've proven it can work, now you just need to get back on track.  We got your back, Sista!  Keep us posted on your progress, ok? 

8less2day
on 7/6/11 1:12 pm - Plano, TX
VSG on 11/02/10 with
Thanks to everyone *****sponded, I appreciate your comments. I just signed up with a personal trainer and did a session tonight and am going back tomorrow and started my day today with a walk around the neighborhood with my dogs. I also started my day with a protein shake (w/unsweetened almond milk); had a boiled egg at 10 a.m.; 1 cup of tuna salad (I made myself) with a small spinach salad; chicken w/vegetables at lunch (still using small plate only)and ended the day with another protein shake. Let's see where this takes me.

MediumSoon
on 7/8/11 1:22 pm - TX
 All your choices look really good  - but can you really eaat a whole cup of tuna salad?  That volume seems high to me.

8less2day
on 7/8/11 2:32 pm - Plano, TX
VSG on 11/02/10 with
I know I'm surprised too about that.  I don't always feel the restriction unless I eat something dense and dry like chicken.

MediumSoon
on 7/8/11 9:47 pm - TX
 Do you feel satisfied before that?  Or still hungry.  Tuna salad is pretty "soft" and relatively low in calories so I don't think it's a huge big deal, but the habit o eating until full (rather than satisfied) is a HARD HARD HARD one to break (I struggle with this).  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 65 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 249 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 316 views