1 week post op clear liquid diet

Cristal231
on 7/14/11 10:54 am - MI
So I had the VSG on 7/8/11, currently doing the clear/SF liquid diet and my question /concern is it okay that at a SF fudgesicle, kinda of silly question but I was lil worried. My surgeon did not say I could not have them but I know they don't actually fall under the "clear" category. I also have been eating hard SF candies and they seem to help break the boring diet. Has anyone else during their first week of post op tried the SF fudgesicles  or does anyone have any suggestions of cool things they tried. Thanks
CatherineTEACH
on 7/14/11 11:00 am - TX
Congrats on your surgery!  I had my surgery on July 5th so I understand your plight.  I am HATING clear liquids but I am doing them for two weeks until this upcoming Tuesday.  I had my post-op appointment with my doc today and he reminded me that clear liquids means I should be able to see through them.  I am not sure about the SF fudgesicle but my "gut" is telling me not to do it.  But, I have had brothy soups that are hard to see through too.  I am sorry I am not more help.  Hopefully someone will have great information for you!
  GW 150# (fingers crossed!)   

"Success comes before work, only in the dictionary." 
  Vince Lombardi, Green Bay Packers Coach    
Jenijeni
on 7/14/11 11:02 am
Well, my inclination is to say that you ought to NOT be doing the sf fudgesicles OR the sf candy. Gotta watch the carbs on the sf candy. I know they're "sugar free", but that doesn't mean "carb-free". Some folks count sugar alcohols as carbs and some don't. Jus****ch because they can sneak up on ya and sabotage your weight loss.

I did a lot of broth and unjury chicken flavor. Warm liquids seemed to make me happy. Good luck! Not saying that you're absolutely doing anything wrong. Just saying that I don't think I'd do those things!
Jeni

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

katier825
on 7/14/11 12:34 pm
The first few weeks, I wasn't instructed to count carbs and did have SF fudgesicles, popsicles.  I was only on clear liquids for a couple of days after surgery.  I don't think they will "hurt" your tummy, but it's not something you want to eat all the time.  Watch out for the sugar alcohols...too many can cause diarreah.
roundater
on 7/14/11 12:38 pm - Lincoln, NE
One SF fudgesicle has 10 carbs 1 fat 2 protein and 40 calories. Easy to add up the carbs if you have too many of them.
Rich Sonderegger

Crissy327
on 7/14/11 12:42 pm - NC
Wow! Thanks for that post! I haven't even been logging my SF popsicles. I figured they were like nothing, so I haven't even bothered to track it. I am barely making my calorie goal anyway, but I like to know where I am at anyway. I guess I will have to look at the bag.

Thanks for the heads up!
On my way!!!!!!

Crissy    
roundater
on 7/14/11 12:53 pm - Lincoln, NE
You're welcome. Got the info at www.fitclick.com. Hope that helps.
Rich Sonderegger

Crissy327
on 7/14/11 12:39 pm - NC
I have been on liquids for two weeks! I am so over it but still have a week more until I can move to pureed food. Anyway, my new favorite treat is SF Popsicles! Love em!! I eat like 3 sometimes! Ha Ha. Maybe that's not good, but they are so darn addicting! It's hot here, so it's such a great treat. Maybe you could give them a try.
On my way!!!!!!

Crissy    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views