A typical NSV ...but a realistic moment for me!

SweetiePea
on 7/16/11 12:30 pm - IA
Ya know....I've been lurking around here for a few months....respond to sum...encouraging others....post any concerns or questions but this post is by far different. You see...I'm very hard to impress and today I had the "AHA"  moment of my life that hasn't happened in the past 7yrs.

Though I've only lost 30+ pounds my feelings were "so what"! The doctor told me you should be proud...I'm like...."Not right now"..."I've been here before". You know what I mean?? But this morning something happened. 

Got up to get dressed to put on a pair of size 14 capri's that I bought 2 months ago that were very tight on me to begin with to find out something was far different. I thought maybe I pulled the wrong pair out of the drawer. I took them off and just figured something was wrong with them. (HELLO...I'm not blonde...just wanted didn't want to face facts.) My fiance was looking at me very wierd...then he laughed. (Lord....something no one should do when looking at your ass.) He shouted "druppy drawers....druuppy drawers!!" Some reason I just didn't dawn on me how my clothes were fitting me.

After coming home from farmer's market....I was curious. I pulled out my size 13 Jrs. jeans out, I hate being disappointed. Guess that's why I have been wearing my old clothes not realizing what is going on with my body. I closed the bedroom door...dug out my jeans to put them on curious but didn't want to be disappointed. One leg slipped in....the other! ""OHH MY"" Ok...I've been here before...hate to be disappointed again.....THEN...slipped over my hips! THEN...finally they zipped up with ease.

I was jumping and dancing like a little child. Understand.... the 30lbs++ I've lost may not be alot to some but I'm only 4'9" tall. I used to be discouraged by reading others post but you know.....I'm okay, Really....I'm so good with this!!

Height - 4'10"

Sassy 1
on 7/16/11 12:40 pm
Yayyyyy!!!! for you!!!!  Just think, you're more than 1/3 way there!   Congrats!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
anewdayforme
on 7/16/11 12:48 pm
Fantastic!!!!!!!!!! 
maggieandrockysmo
mma

on 7/16/11 12:54 pm
Yay for you.  30 lbs is great!  it is better than gaining 30 lbs after all...

I can certainly understand the feelings with the clothes too... to this day, I don't recognize when clothes are getting too big on me until someone says something... and unless my husband says something, i think I would continue wearing the same size until pants literally fell off of me even though they are clearly way too big.  It seems like such a foreign concept that clothes are getting too big because it seems for my whole life clothes would just get tighter and tighter... and after not being able to fit into much of anything, suddenly I fit into everything.

Congrats on your new size! 

Chalk
on 7/16/11 1:18 pm - TN
VSG on 01/09/12

Loved reading your post. Your 'high' is contagious

I can't wait to have droopy drawers

Pre-Op Weight Loss 20 lbs ~~~~~ Surgery Weight 289

Goal weight 180  ~~~~~~  6'0"

Month 1 (21 lbs) ~~~ Month 2 (10 lbs) ~~~ Month 3 (14 lbs) ~~~ Month 4 (12 lbs) ~~~ Month 5 (9 lbs) ~~~ Month 6 (11 lbs) ~~~ Month 7 (10 lbs) ~~~~ Month 8 (8 lbs) ~~~ Month 9 (9 lbs) ~~~ Month 10 (6 lbs)

Goal Reached in 10 months  

rdd9348
on 7/16/11 1:32 pm - OR
That's really great!  You really expressed it well.  Here's to many more NSVs for you
Highest-285, Start WLS Program-267, Surgery-245, Current-196, Goal-148 
                                   Short Term Goal - Under 185 by 10/15/11           
kimbethin
on 7/16/11 2:16 pm - CA
  That's great!   I'm jumping up and down for you!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
roundater
on 7/16/11 2:26 pm - Lincoln, NE
Great NSV!! Thanks for sharing!!
Rich Sonderegger

Susan0714
on 7/16/11 8:28 pm - Kenner, LA
That is great!  So, happy for you and doing your happy dance with you!!! 

Susan
LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Robin K.
on 7/17/11 3:48 am
Best feeling in the world, isn't it?

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views