I'm Dying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 7/19/11 2:43 pm
 Dreamingthin---

I am going to tell you something because I learned the very hard way... I also cheated and did not take my 2 week pre-op liquid diet seriously... I may be down 15 pounds since surgery but I am in the fight for my life right now because of my liver... My surgery took a hour longer than most surgeries for VSG I have been extra tired, and my liver is extremely fatty, enlarged and hard. I have saved my life to a point but might end up needing a liver transplant if my liver does not clear up...

Please dear be faithful on the pre-op diet. I know its hard to not to cheat when your moaning the loss of the chewing and the food but it will be so much worth it in the long run... Try sf Popsicles it can give some chewing motion....

Good luck to you dear if you need to vent you can send me message anytime.... But just remember that we are here for you anytime...

Zee Starrlite
on 7/20/11 1:53 am
Hold on doll face!

Remember why you are doing this!  You want the absolute best chance in not having complications when your surgeon goes in and opens you up.  You are investing in yourself and you my dear so so worth it!

Just wait until we check back in next July .  We are going to be some hot mamas!

Fruck the crackers!  Do puzzles, exercise, knit (learn how if you don't know - this helped me tremendously the first time around), keep busy, get yourself involved in other peoples lives if yours are not enough, run errands, pamper yourself - you do your hair, nails, face, take nice baths and showers, paint, make things, take yourself to the movies, dance, do anything but stuff yourself.

Blessings,
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Shershe793
on 7/22/11 1:40 pm - Blanchard, OK
I to am on a semi-liquid diet at the moment.. here is what my surgeon wants me to do for the next 10 days

breakfast a protein meal replacement beverage/pudding

snack - a protein snack

lunch 1/2 proten meal replacement beverage/pudding
2-4 ozs of lean protein
1/2 cup steamed veggies or 1 cup raw

snack - protein snack

dinner 1/2 protein meal replacement beverage/pudding
2-4 ozs lean protein
1/2 cup steamed veggies or 1 cup raw

snack protein snack

protein snacks consisting of protein bar, protein crisps, protein soup, or ProThera & Sugar free beverage.

I have not had much trouble sticking to this because I feel like I am eating all the time due to trying to keep on a schedule of every 2-3 hours so i get it all in as well as my fluids.. on Saturday July 30th through Monday August 1st she wants me to go to a strictly liquid diet..  basically replacing the meat and veggies with the full serving of the protein replacement meal beverage/pudding and the snacks only being the soup or the ProThera in a sugar free beverage. 

I am trying to stick to this as closely as possible because I want my sleeve.. when I switch to complete liquids I think I will be freezing some of the meal replacements about 4ozs just so I can have something to chew.. that way I dont feel like I am not "eating"  The meal replacements make me feel full so I am not trying to eat anything in between.. I have it settled in my mind to stick to this because I want it so much. 

Keep your chin up and just say a prayer for the Lord to give you strength to get through it because it will be so worh it in the end when your healthy and can look back and see where you have come from.  just keep posting on here for encouragment because as I read through the posts I am very encouraged with all the positivity that is said to one another. 
 HW 327 CW 231 GW 140 Surgery August 2nd, 2011..                     
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 402 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 429 views