I'm Dying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dreamingthin1
on 7/19/11 11:34 am - miami, FL
I have been on a liquid diet since Friday.  I have to admit this is the hardest thing I think I have done since childbirth.  I have not been totally faithful, but have lost 9 lbs.  I want crackers with my broth sooooooo badly.  I want to eat anything at this point.  I have to do this until 7/29/11.   Help!!!!!!! I feel like I am not going to make it or that I will eventually cheat to the point that I sabotage my surgery.  

MARTINQ
on 7/19/11 11:38 am - RIVERDALE, GA
You going to make error! The diet is for you to lose a few pounds and to shrink your liver for surgery. My doc didnt rec ommend a two week liquid diet only two days and Im two weeks and 4 days post op and still alive!!!  Its ok just try to stick to it as much as possible it will be over soon!
dreamingthin1
on 7/19/11 11:49 am - miami, FL
Thanks.  I can't wait to say that I am post-op.  I need for this part to end and my new life to begin!!

Angela.62
on 7/19/11 11:40 am
I was on 3 weeks of liquids pre-op .. so I understand how you're feeling - it's not easy but in the end the liquid diet is very beneficial for your surgery so keep the faith .. you can do it!  I'm 2 weeks post-op.  If I can do it you can do it .. hang in there!

SW 253 Surgery Date July 5th, 2011
dreamingthin1
on 7/19/11 11:48 am - miami, FL
Thanks for the encouragement.  Good luck on your journey!

SaminCT
on 7/19/11 11:42 am
I had to do three weeks as well. The first four days are the hardest. You can do it! Can you have raw veggies? I was allowed those, as well as V-8 juice. It was a godsend!
VSG - 7/12/2011 with Dr. Gedeon and Dr. Oluwole, Bristol Hospital (CT)
dreamingthin1
on 7/19/11 11:47 am - miami, FL
No. Nothing that I can chew.  I think that is the problem.  I am trying.  I am going to pray for strength.  Thanks for replying.

jmshadowdancer
on 7/19/11 11:47 am
 I cheated a little bit on my 2day liquid diet before surgery.  I don't recommend doing it because the guilt is worse than the desire to do it in the first place lol.  What you're feeling is totally normal though.  You will be on the loser's bench soon, you will see.  :)
dreamingthin1
on 7/19/11 11:51 am - miami, FL
Thanks for the feedback.  Maybe I will pray for guilt. LOL

perfectlayde
on 7/19/11 11:59 am
I so feel your pain.  I am going into my 2nd week post op.  I had a 2 week pre op liquid diet and I'm now on my 2 week post op liquid diet.  4 weeks of liquids can make someone crazy.  I know I'm getting on my husbands nerves...the other day he was eating peanuts and I was loving the smell of peanuts...PEANUTS!  I don't even eat peanuts!

Just try to stick with it as best you can.  I'm not going to say it gets easier...you just learn to deal.
HW- 357 | SW - 346.2 | CW - 244.0 | GW - 175

Feed your faith and your doubts will starve to death!          
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views