I'm Dying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LittleMissSunshine
on 7/19/11 12:10 pm
I can't even imagine doing liquids for so long before surgery (only to have to continue them after), but I will say that if you're losing it and absolute HAVE to eat something, make it meat, eggs or cheese to keep your carb count low.  That's the entire purpose of the pre-op diet, so don't blow all the work you've done on a cheat that'll set you back!

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

TexasMom65
on 7/19/11 12:11 pm - TX
Can you have SF popsicles?  I'm on my post op liquid diet and just want to chew something too.....the closet thing are the popsicles.  I've had 3 today.   LOL

(deactivated member)
on 7/19/11 12:20 pm
Get lots of protien drinks - protien helped curb my hunger.  Sounds like they are hoping you lose more. My doctor said my surgery went far easier because I lost 45 prior to surgery.  And I had mine 7/11 and feel great!  You'll make it!
Onedaysoon
on 7/19/11 12:30 pm - PA
Oh I am soooo with you on this one. I am on day 3 of a 10 day liquid pre-op diet (surgery is July 28). This has been by far the hardest thing I have done in a long time! I am allowed to have up to 2 cups of some vegetables and a couple types of fruit per day so I can at least chew something, but hell even then it is really challenging. Especially with people eating yummy things all around me (husband and 3 kids). I was feeling particularly defeated this morning, but then I stepped on the scale and saw that I have lost 5lbs since last time I got on (last weekend) and it made me feel pretty good and gave me a little confidence. Hang in there! You CAN do it...and you're not alone, we're all here for you! It's rough, but look at the enormous benefits you will reap in the long run and keep thinking about how good it will feel onces the weight starts falling off. 
~Carly~
~

KauaiLulu
on 7/19/11 12:43 pm - HI
 I'm there with ya, too.  I'm on day two - have surgery the 27th - and it is pretty challenging but I figure I'm doing it to lessen the chances of my "liver getting nicked" which is really something I'd like to avoid.  Those two words do not belong in the same sentence.  So when it gets real bad I just chant:  No liver nickin', No liver nickin'  and it helps (a little, haha)

You'll be in my thoughts and please put me in yours next Wednesday.

Aloha,

Lulu
Enjoying the journey......

Jan G.
on 7/19/11 1:34 pm - WI
WOW you guys are all amazing..glad you wrote to get help and support!!

Someone here mentioned in another post that she just NEEDED to chew and was told to freeze things to chew on. Ok.. I know,, but still.

Whenever you have surgery you want to make sure you don't cheat, not only to help the surgeon do his best job getting to your tummy, but so YOU don't aspirate into your lungs.

I know of a man who lied and said he did not eat, when he did, had a procedure done ( think a colonoscopy) and aspirated ..losing o2 to brain..ended up dying over several days.

How bout keeping busy? Moving around? Reading? Keeping your mind busy best you can.

Warmly, Jan

In the meantime I will be praying you ALL make it through this challenging time.

VSG: 08/05/2011   Age 62   5 foot:  HW: 207    SW 194   CW 156

Jan G.
on 7/19/11 1:35 pm - WI
OH..forgot to ask.. can you have sugar free gum??

Anyone know?

Jan

VSG: 08/05/2011   Age 62   5 foot:  HW: 207    SW 194   CW 156

smkeller
on 7/20/11 12:07 am
Well, I wouldn't swallow it...
sandycnv
on 7/19/11 2:05 pm - Clayton, CA

You can do it!!  We are doing all of this to change our lives.  This is the begining.  You need to show your dedication.

I had a 2 week pre op diet and now I am 2 weeks in on the post op diet and I have 2 weeks left.  That's right!  My doctor requires 6 weeks of liquid. 

You need to start somewhere.  Start now!  Get your face out of the fridge.  I know if I can do it, so can you.

Sandy

Lynnww666
on 7/19/11 2:30 pm - Canada
I SOOOOO feel your pain. I've also been on liquids since I got up Friday and have surgery on 28th. Of course I had already planned a family BBQ on the Saturday and didn't have the common sense to cancel it... but at least I cheated only to the tune of a couple of ounces of salmon and some coleslaw (no sugar ... just a vinegrette). I tried to justify it that I was still eating healthily, but I knew it did NOT qualify as liquids.
Today at work I thought I was about to start chewing my fingers out of frustration. But I'm calmer this evening and I'm sure I will get there... but man this is a tough haul and knowing that after surgery a I have a few more weeks of it and then some weeks of puree before I can ever chow down on something with bite to it... it is hard, isn't it.
Still, we're in this for a reason so I just hark back to some of the great before and after pictures people post and it gets my head a little better aligned.
Best of luck with your surgery and you journey.
Lynn
Quien quiera pescado que se moje el culo
Dec. 2010 weight 355, surgery weight 292 Current weight 199

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 402 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 430 views