WTF???

Jessica Houston
on 7/19/11 2:41 pm - Wichita, KS
HELP!!! I am almost 3 weeks out from surgery and have been stalled since Friday!!! WTF???  I have been religious about logging my intake in myfitnesspal.com & my counts are pretty good!  Protien has been between 65-80gm, carbs 30-40 gms & fat below 25... I have not been geting all my water in everyday but has been close.... no less than 3-16 ounce bottles a day usually 4...  I still am waiting on that damn "guest" to visit! The ***** is 1 1/2 weeks late!  Maybe retaining water???

I want to start working out again, but am not sure if I am cleared yet. I do a lot of walking around the house and would like to walk at the track behind the kids' school, but it has been over 105 here everyday since surgery!!! Plus I have had some phantom pains in my right upper abdomen, I think it is muscular... Hurts worse if I cough or roll over in bed wrong.  I am calling the Doc tomorrow about it just to make sure!  I want to get on the ellipitical so bad... How long before everyone else was back at the exercise???
HW: 245lbs SW:232lbs; CW: 206.2lbs;  GW:125lbs  Height 5ft 2in 

Sassy 1
on 7/19/11 2:47 pm
Don't worry- it's the three week stall.  Your body's probably saying WTF???  Just keep at it with all that you're doing and it'll nudge.  I hit one at 3 weeks and another at 6 weeks, but everyone's different.  Don't sweat it!  Exercise- I started weeding my garden and stupid stuff like that at 2 weeks out and was sore for days.  Walking's probably the best thing for you and not too strenuous.  Good luck!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
rdd9348
on 7/19/11 2:52 pm, edited 7/19/11 2:54 pm - OR

RELAX!!!! 

About the weight, that is.

Same thing happened to me and about half the people who post here.  The weight will come off.  Just stick with the program. 

I have not the proper background to comment on your guest or your phantom pain either, but hope the pain goes away and the guest - well, whatever.

I started exercising (walking several miles) about four days after surgery.  Fortunately, it was a little earlier in the year and we don't have that kind of heat here anyway (you just reminded me why I don't miss Wichita).  I don't know why you wouldn't be able to use the eliptical, though.  My surgeon told me to get moving ASAP.
Highest-285, Start WLS Program-267, Surgery-245, Current-196, Goal-148 
                                   Short Term Goal - Under 185 by 10/15/11           
Jessica Houston
on 7/20/11 12:07 am - Wichita, KS
Thanks trying so hard to relax! Its really hard to do though!

cattywompos
on 7/19/11 10:54 pm
The stall is normal.  Nearly everyone of u****s a stall at around 3 weeks post op. Length varies from person to person.  Keep doing what you're doing and the weight will start to come off again.  In the mean time, put the scale away for a week or two. 

I started working out at about 3 weeks post op.  I would stay away from weights for awhile, but walking, elliptical, stationary bike or light exercise tape. Start out slow and easy and build up on it each week.

The pains...could be your sutures.  I had a "pulling" pain every time I would sit up, move, walk, move wrong.  When I asked my doc about it he said it is because of the sutures inside. They stitch you to your wall cavity and that can cause pain.  Hope it subsides soon for you and I would call my doc anyway just to ease my mind :)
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

Jessica Houston
on 7/20/11 12:04 am - Wichita, KS
Thanks! I can't wait to work out again!! And I will put the darn scale away!

becca11376
on 7/19/11 11:03 pm - Ashland, OH
Relax! Normal! It's never to early to start wallking!! I started excersising at 2 weks out...just move slow and the weight will start coming off!! It's a marathon girl! Hang in there!
Becca
I can do all things thru Christ who stregthens me.....Phil 4:13
HW: 268 Pre op 241- CW 198 Slow & Steady!    
Jessica Houston
on 7/19/11 11:59 pm - Wichita, KS
Hanging in there! Even if it is by my toes!

SweetiePea
on 7/19/11 11:11 pm - IA
As everyone will tell you ...trust your sleeve...relax stay on your plan. We all stall/pause throughout our journey. Your probably losing inches. I took measurements each week so I knew the inches were moving if the scale wasn't.

You'll be fine!!
Height - 4'10"

Jessica Houston
on 7/19/11 11:57 pm - Wichita, KS
I haven't measured since surgery! Will do it now! Never thought about doing it weekly! Thanks!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views