Regrets

cdforecheck
on 7/28/11 8:44 am - OH
I am 2.5 weeks post op and am beginning to feel as if I have made the worst mistake of my life. I feel so out of sorts and am so tired of drinking my food.  I wish I wouldn't have done this.  It seems as though I have seen no results and am experiencing only struggles. I just want to eat something that involves chewing.
BuckeyeGirl
on 7/28/11 8:55 am - TN
Hang in there! You will chew again!

The first few weeks are the hardest. Many experience the what-have-I-done feelings throughout the first month.

These days will pass and the results will start to show. Keep the faith! Soon these early days will be history and you'll be wondering how you ever lived without your sleeve.

Lindsey

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/11 8:55 am
Everyone says it for a reason, the first month is the hardest... after that, it starts getting better quickly! All you can do is hang in there and follow the one step after another mindset till you're on solids.. then the challenges get to be a little more fun and less dreary.

The fatigue, fogginess, physical complaints and head complaints are all normal.. and they are all temporary. Take some comfort that you will come out the other side of this and it will pass.

Eula "Evie" R.
on 7/28/11 9:11 am - Mount Nebo, WV
Hi,
Yes, the first few weeks are rough. It gets so much better. I am over 3 1/2 months out, learned to get use to my sleeve the hard way, not doing what my Dr. told me to.Chew on ice chips that helps. I know were you are coming from. I love my sleeve.
God Bless
Evie 

Dawnie 88
on 7/28/11 9:31 am
this is definitely the place to vent..we all understand what you're feeling.  I felt the same way, but I can guarantee you that it does get better.  The first 6 wks were rough for me..mostly emotional..going through the grieving process when it comes to foods..and those foods i could no longer have.  The learning process is such a short time though..as far as learning what your new stomach can and cannot handle..and the sipping liquids instead of big gulps.  Promise..doesn't last long!

MN_Mama
on 7/28/11 9:56 am
Been there, felt that, but believe me, it is worth it.    5 months out this week, and if anyone asks what's the worst/hardest part of this whole journey, it's the *$%&^# protein shakes and liquid diets.   
You will be surprised how good a deli meat and cheese smoothie is going to taste when they get you to the purees, then that will get boring too.   Bottom line, you gotta do if for a little while longer.   Vent away, we've all been there, and then look and see all the wonderful reasons why we go through it.....   
Temporary unpleasantness and long term benefits.  Big time benefits!!!!   You can do this, and I believe you will come to look at this as one of lifes best blessings.  Take care.

disabled_nurse
on 7/28/11 10:36 am - Bogalusa, LA
eat some s/f popsicles...................... or some soni****just something to chew on..........that helped me through this stage!!!!!!!!!! This stage is a *****  lol get through this and it is smooth sailing from here!!! I promise this was the best gift you have ever given yourself!!!!!!! It gets better from here, I am 10 months would do it all over again!!!!!!!

LittleMissSunshine
on 7/28/11 10:49 am
Yup, par for the course... I wasn't a fan of the liquid diet either.  Have you tried sugar free popsicles?  Those can help with the chewing thing somewhat.

The first few weeks do suck; it gets marginally better when you're on pureeds, but once you can start adding regular food back in, you do start to feel more normal.  Don't worry, in the grand scheme of things, this is actually a pretty brief period of time.  I'm at 9 weeks right now and it seems like a year ago that I was stuck on the liquids.  Just give it a few more weeks, you'll be loving your sleeve in no time... hang in there! :)

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

Susan0714
on 7/28/11 11:11 am - Kenner, LA
I, too did not care for the first two weeks after the surgery either..

I was so happy the day I was put on purees.. I was just happy to have food instead of liquids.. I promise you the time goes by fast.. I have only been on "regular" food for about two weeks now.

Hang in there

Susan
LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

BriarRose
on 7/28/11 11:14 am
Yep. those first few weeks suck eggs.

Hang in there, mushies are around the corner, and you will never imagine just how yummy egg salad can be !!!!

Try chomping on ice or a popsicle. when you can have yogurt, put some in the freezer for a yogurt pop, that's nice too.

You WILL survive.

Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views