Wine?

Pkrplyr777
on 7/28/11 8:53 pm - CT
How soon can I have 1 glass?

It's not a deal breaker or anything but I do so enjoy sitting with my sister in law and talking over a glass of wine.
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
missuscat
on 7/28/11 9:08 pm
I waited approx 2 months, some wait 6 and others until they are maintaining... and as always...what does your Doc say??  Good Luck!!
On my way to becoming a WLS "Loser"!!     
Kelleybell122
on 7/28/11 9:12 pm - Powell, OH
I think I was about 3 mo out when I had my first glass. I recall it burned a bit in the tummy.

Now I can enjoy a glass ot two whenever I like. If my stomach is empty, I can end up overly buzzed real fast, but if I have some food in my stomach, I don't really see much effect from the alchohol that was any different from pre-op.

Suane
on 7/28/11 9:33 pm - Livingston County, MI
I heard horror stories about drinking wine so I waited until 3 1/2 months out. It did hit me a bit hard at first, but I attribute that to not having any alcohol in over 5 months. I agree though, that if you drink with nothing in your stomach, you will feel it quickly and it lasts for quite a while.  My doc says moderation and listen to your body. So enjoy when you feel you are ready.

Always the best wishes, Sue 

HW: 261   SW: 248.5   CW: 154  GW: 135     5' 2"

Pkrplyr777
on 7/28/11 9:39 pm - CT
Well that is all GREAT news! I can wait...just not forever. I believe quality of life is just as important as length of life.
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
newme41211
on 7/28/11 10:50 pm
I had my surgery Apr 12th and i did and do like my glass of wine.  I found that the first week I wanted nothing.  After getting over that I couldn't taste anything but sour.  I still wanted nothing.  At mashed potatoes when I started to have food,  before that  the shakes were just something cold.   I tried a drink of wine  six  weeks after surgery no not good.  burned a bit also.  So at 2 months I tried a dirnk again It didn't burn So for a couple weeks had a drink of wine each night with dinner  I say drink I mean one mouth full.   I am up to a 4 oz glass now.  I have it before dinner and wait so that I can then have my half cup of food.  It has been quiet a journey to get this fare and I feel it will continue to be.  Hope this helped.
Nurse_Audrey
on 7/28/11 11:12 pm - Houston, TX
I had my first glass of wine a few days before the 2 month mark I felt fine. I didnt notice any difference from the times before surgery when I drank. The doc cleared me first of course!
GrandmaJoanie
on 7/28/11 11:58 pm - NJ
I am waiting as long as I can to taste wine and other fine things (like wedding cake and ice cream) I think allowing those digressions this early would start me down a slippery slope.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 66 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 252 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 319 views