GETTING READY FOR SLEEVE SURGERY

KIMMIKAK1119
on 7/30/11 3:44 am

Very excited about finally, after 10 years of trying to find a way to get the operation, I am scheduled for August 8, 2011.  I can't wait.
I am on the liquid diet prior to the surgery and was wondering what everyone else used during this time.
I have a lot of health issues, and I am always nauseated, but seems like since I started the liquid diet last Monday, I am even more nauseated. 

Whey, soy, it all seems to bother me.  But I keep drinking the protein drinks and broth, but still only get in about 900 calories per day if that much. 

Andy suggestions would be greatly appreciate.

KIMMIKAK                                                 
Susan M.
on 7/30/11 5:20 am
 So exciting about your surgery! And too bad about the liquid diet. But it is only for a few more days.  I only drank Slim Fast for 14 days and was so sick and tired of it, but it didn't make me nauseated. Just remember that it is all worth it. Good luck and best wishes.

KIMMIKAK1119
on 7/31/11 7:46 am

Thanks.  The liquid diet isn't that hard, at least not to me.  Just wanting more options.  I am nauseated daily and have been for probably the last 10 yrs or so...just some of the symptoms of some of my medical conditions. 

I appreciate the well wishes...and thanks so much for prayers on that day.  They would be appreciated also.

KIMMIKAK                                                 
kaydemo
on 7/30/11 5:55 am - TX

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery!  I have surgery on Monday, but my pre-op diet has been so much gentler than most folks!  I've been allowed to eat 1200 calories each day, so I've tried to take in protein drinks during the day, and a good solid meal at night.  (The night before the surgery, I can have only liquids.)  But during the day, I eat sf jello, sf popsicles, broth, (the chicken broth with protein from unjury is decent), and cf coffee mixed with chocolate protein powder.  As long as I keep my liquids in full swing, I do pretty well.  Maybe you could try taking in some extra protein drinks to boost you a bit.  Best wishes on your surgery and a smooth recovery!

KIMMIKAK1119
on 7/31/11 7:50 am
Congrats to you also!!!  I am like you, the night before I can only have CLEAR liquids where as right now I can have creamy ones as well.  Good for you that you can have a meal once a day....

What is unjury?  Never heard of it. 

It has't been very hard, was just looking for more options if anyone had any ideas.  I do like my protein drinks and have been drinking those long before my surgery got scheduled. 

Best of luck to you and will have you in my prayers tomorrow.
  KIMMIKAK                                                 
Bahamas1968
on 7/30/11 6:38 am - MI
Sugar Free Jello was good. SF Popsicles and Special K Protein Shakes....

KIMMIKAK1119
on 7/31/11 7:51 am
Thanks.  I drink a lot of protein drinks.  I don't like sf items as I am way against artificial sweeteners so I will probably be making my own popsicles and such.

Thanks for the input....
  KIMMIKAK                                                 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views