not hungry!?!?

Lynnww666
on 7/31/11 12:05 pm - Canada
Had my sleeve done Thursday and haven't felt a moment's hunger since.
It is soooo  weird. I've had a few cups of very watery juice, Small amounts of protein drink but only because I no I should. Even when we passed through a food fair on the way home, I smelled some things and thought 'oh, that smells nice' but without the slightest desire to eat anything.
I don't know if this lasts... but it's amazing... great.
Lynn
Quien quiera pescado que se moje el culo
Dec. 2010 weight 355, surgery weight 292 Current weight 199

jennay80
on 7/31/11 12:10 pm - Elmore, OH
 That's great news!  When I lose my hunger I know I will lose weight, my sleeve is the 12th of September.  Get that liquid in so you don't end up in the hospital.  :)
peachynptc
on 7/31/11 12:19 pm - Fayetteville, GA
YAY!! Isn't it wonderful to forge to eat?! I love it!! Something new to get used to!

VSG: 4/11/11 by Dr. Kevin McGill at Buckhead Bariatrics, Atlanta, GA.

Looking for Support Group near Fayetteville/Peachtree City, GA

ruggie
on 7/31/11 12:38 pm - Sacramento, CA
I still can't get over how not hungry I am all the time!

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Birdie55
on 7/31/11 12:40 pm
It's pretty amazing how we lose our hunger with this surgery.  I'm 11 months out and rarely have true hunger.   When the hunger is gone, you really see how eating can be a habit or the head hunger rears it's ugly head.  I still find that I eat just to eat.  I'm not really hungry, I just want to eat.  

Ht 5' 4  SW 181  GW 120 - 125  Age 61  CW 130

Edit   Delete          

Lynnww666
on 8/1/11 1:07 am - Canada
The lack of hunger goes on and I'm delighted with everything right now.
Recovery is going fine... I feel quite good only I seem to want a couple of naps per day. Since I have three surgeries in one (VSG, umbilical hernia repair and gall bladder out) it's not surprising it will take me more than a few days to get back on track.
After the first couple of days I stopped taking even the Tylenol for pain and honestly while there is some discomfort, it really is not bad and I am a pain wuss.
I'm having a little trouble getting my water intake back up and I know I haven't been "eating" enough but now that I'm home I will work on getting a good schedule on that.
I feel very positive despite have "gained" about five pounds in hospital but I realize that is mostly extra water held in the damaged tissues and it's pretty normal to have a little swelling after surgery.
For the next week my main goal is to make sure I get in as much protein and water as possible and go for walks every day to ensure I take care of my injured body. After that I will start working on the weight loss again with my amazing new tool.
Quien quiera pescado que se moje el culo
Dec. 2010 weight 355, surgery weight 292 Current weight 199

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 315 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views