Resleeve

twinkle219
on 8/5/11 11:17 am - marietta, GA
Hello, i was wondering has any one been resleeve before? If so how was the weight loss after?
amyc
on 8/5/11 12:06 pm - Jacksboro, TN
Revision on 02/28/12
What is resleeve?  I'm just starting to research the sleeve and have never heard of resleeve.
Thanks,
Amy

3sweetpeas
on 8/5/11 12:10 pm - Tehachapi, CA
Do you mean, resleeved as in, had the sleeve done and then done again?.. Maybe after some streching or regain?.. Never heard of that though.
Tamara
Highest BMI & Weight during VSG journey -- 44.5 / 259
Current BMI & Weight -- 37.8 / 220

fysicsgrl
on 8/5/11 12:51 pm
I know it's possible.  One of the ladies in my nutrition class had said this was the second time for her.  Other than that I don't know anything about it.

cancelsbronx
on 8/5/11 1:27 pm - Stamford, CT
I think the correct term is revision surgery.  Yes, if you gain weight eventually if you continue to gain you may need a revision.

Santos

Carmelita
on 8/5/11 1:43 pm, edited 8/5/11 1:55 pm - Four Corners, NM
frisco
on 8/5/11 2:29 pm, edited 8/5/11 2:30 pm

From what I understand.................

- Re-Sleeving is rare.... I've heard of a couple of re-sleeves from pretty much botched virgin surgeries where the sleeve was made way to big to start with.

- Re-sleeving is not common because the tissue becomes to thin for the staple line. (I read that here on OH...not from a doctor....take it for what it's worth)

- This issue can be pretty much avoided completely if you get a proper small sleeve from the get go and/or not eat till your full. Putting frequent positive internal pressure inside your sleeve is about the only way to stretch your sleeve.

A 32f bougie starts out with about a 2oz. capacity than matures to about 4oz.

A 42f bougie can end up 4X larger...... think over or under 16oz.

This is because the larger the bougie used...... more of the elastic tissue is retained.

You can lose weight on just about any size bougie. My surgeon started doing the VSG over 10 years ago using a 46f.....the patients lose weight, but the regain statistic was much higher than his current 32f.

I have heard of a procedure being done for both RNY and VSG that they do a "tighten up" from the inside.

Hope this helps.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

mini_me_ now
on 8/5/11 2:54 pm
there has been a couple of resleeves on here  as mentioned before .. the one that i remember seemed to be losing weight quite well, also ask  this question on the ds forum a few of them get resleeved too..  There was also  someone talking of getting a re sleeve in australia because her surgeon had been reall cautious the first time in how much stomach he had removed... so it is possible...

But i think if you were going to get one done, i would contact a really good surgeon to do it not just anyone...
Linda     5".4

6lbs under goal weight
                  Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

GwenP
on 2/18/13 4:53 am - United Kingdom

i would just like to refresh this just in case anyone knows any more info, thanks g x

Stacey T.
on 7/9/13 8:00 am

Hello all,

I was sleeved in 2010 and lost 40 lbs.  I worked out like crazy and followed all the rules.  turns out I had undiagnosed hypothyroidism.  Also... I was pretty scared at the time of surgery (in Mexico) and asked for a little bigger pouch (mistake). 

Anyway... I have gained 10 lbs so overall weight loss ='s 30.  I am scheduled to be "resleeved" in Mexico now that my hypothyroidism has been corrected I am hoping to have a better result.  I really didnt think much about it.... but then I read on here that it carries more risks. 

I don't want to freak myself out.... but does anyone know anything about this?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 315 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views