Pre-op Diet

Adrienne J.
on 8/10/11 12:06 am - GA
Hi Everyone,

Im not exactly new here, had to make a new account though.

I am currently on day 9 of my 2 week preop liquid diet. I have seen so many others posts on here about how torturous it is, and Im not sure exactly why, but I am not having that hard of a time with it. I drink 3-4 shakes a day and tons of water. Occasionally I will have a small cup of a soup that was on my allowed list from my surgeon, but not everyday. Those are the ONLY things Ive had, and I have not cheated once.

I have lost 7 pounds so far, and am curious how much others lost during their 2 week preop diet if they had to do one.

FatGuyInALittleCoat
on 8/10/11 12:41 am - New Orleans
I didn't do a 2-week liquid diet, so I can't pass along any valuable info on that...

BUT, I wanted to say KUDOS to you for staying so persistent and fighting for this surgery!  And congrats for following your surgeon's paln & sticking to the pre-op diet.  You won't regret doing this.

Best of luck to you.

Current weight: 170 lbs.

Once I reach goal, this cow will be killed & eaten... 2 ounces at a time.

Total includes 56 lbs. lost on 2-month low carb pre-op diet.  Start date 9/13/10.

Adrienne J.
on 8/10/11 12:48 am - GA
Thank you so much:)
Nicole S.
on 8/10/11 12:51 am - Vallejo, CA
I too cant offer valuable info on the pre op liquid diet because I didnt do that.  However, I do want to say that I am happy for you that this is all coming together and you are sticking to your guns!  WTG!!!
~Nicole  
Height 5'1 HW- 320 SW-265 CW- 172.2 GW 140                                

Adrienne J.
on 8/10/11 12:52 am - GA
Thank you Nicole. I see that many people didnt have to do the preop liquid diet, but I must say that Im actually glad I had to do it. I think Im going to be better prepared now for not being able to eat anything right after surgery.
Ashley O.
on 8/10/11 2:26 am

I'm on day 4 of the liquid diet.. but its not entirely liquid. i'm allowed one under 400 callorie meal, a day. that i usually split up throughout the day like 60 caloires here, 20 there, etc..

but aside from that, 3 protein shakes a day, tons of water. sugar free popsicles and propel zero are my saviors at the moment. haha. i've lost 2 pounds already. and it really isnt that hard.. i hate how sweet majority of what i have has to be (protein shakes, flavored water, etc.. i'm not a sweets person.) but im honestly not hungry.. it hasnt been as hard for me as i thought it would be.

Glad your doing well with it! And I hope your surgery goes well. (: Good luck!

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."
~

Check out my blog? (: www.ourfightnow.net
~

AnastasiaBeaverhausn
on 8/10/11 3:30 am
I had 5 days of 1000 calorie days and then 3 days of clear liquids (but shakes count).  I am on day 2 of clear liquids - which means my surgery is Friday!!  I thought I would be ready to kill people after a day of clear liquids but I am doing okay.  I have had some broth and a shake today and am starting to get hungry but it is lunchtime.  I tried to stay very close to the 1000 calorie and I think I was pretty close.  I just can't believe how long before I will chew food again!

Good luck!
angelextreme
on 8/10/11 4:52 am - LA
I am on day 8 of my 2 week pre-op liquid diet. I wish I could say that I was a breeze...But I am struggling so so so much. The protien shakes sit like a ton of bricks in my stomach after I drink them. Today I have tried to drink a little protein and then follow it with water. I still feel bloated as hell, but not that vomity feeling I have been feeling for days.

I have lost 11.5 lbs so far, but as I was telling my BFF those were the most painful 11.5 lbs in my life! LOL 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views