thanks for being harsh

Lynnww666
on 8/14/11 3:09 am - Canada
I expect some people aren't always pleased when some of the vets come down hard on us newbies (see recent Frisco's rant for example) but I want to say a big THANK YOU to them for doing that.
If not for reading things like that I would be panicked, angry, worried, pissed off, etc. by the fact my scale has stalled just over two weeks after surgery. I lost 16 pounds and now for two days it's not only up a pound but not moving.... and I know, two days is nothing and I'm still down 15 pounds since surgery which is super .... but of course we kind of get used to seeing that scale trickle down .5 to 1 lb. day after day.
But you guys who have been there and done that and read our newbie wails so often, you know and you have told us loud and clear that this will pass, stay on program and do not panic and so (while still mildly miffed at no loss two mornings in a row) I am keeping my cool and just hanging in there, so thanks so much you vets for your encouraging words and the occasional spank of hard truth when we need it.
You guys who have rocked your sleeves also rock my world these days. Big virtual hugs to you all.
Lynn
Quien quiera pescado que se moje el culo
Dec. 2010 weight 355, surgery weight 292 Current weight 199

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/11 3:17 am
Not to panic you, but you should know that I had one stall that lasted three weeks.  I then lost seven pounds in one week followed by two 5 pounds weeks after that.  Two days is nothing at all to worry about.  I lost in steps not a straight line.  In the end, I still reached goal in 6.5 months and lost 93 lbs.  Don't worry about the stalls, if you are doing what you are supposed to do, the weight will come off.  Good luck.
Lynnww666
on 8/14/11 3:27 am - Canada
Yes, I've heard stalls can hang in there and while I hope mine passes sooner than three weeks, I will try to hang tough if it doesn't because I know, thanks to reading about experiences like yours, that if I just stay on program and try to be patient, all will be well..... eventually.
Lynn

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/11 3:34 am
Just want to tell you that when I hit my long stall, especially the first one, I cried on every-body's shoulder and posted about it all the time.  I hated it!  I remember bursting into tears when it finally broke.  I totally understand how impatient we get to get there already.  Sounds like you are doing great and I hope you don't hit any stalls as long as mine were, but on the other hand, if you do, it's nice to know they will pass and you will still be wildly successful. 
The_Chungs
on 8/14/11 3:24 am
I agree with you, Lynn.  BIG THANKS to the vets who tell it like it is and hang around here schooling us newbies!!  I hope to be one of those soon!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -  Confucius  
Height:  5'10  HW:  400  SW:  374.6  GW:  160    

Carmelita
on 8/14/11 3:47 am - Four Corners, NM

That ~3week stall sure can be a doozy on our noodles!  I didn't see Frisco's rant... ya seen one or twenty.. ya seen em all!
Take it easy on yerself...post VSG life is like religion or child rearing...everyone has their own ideas. Its yer interpretation, finding out what works for you... so much gray area...nothin etched in stone...WHAT WORKS FOR ME...WILL NEVER WORK FOR YOU!.

even VSG diets! all based on RNY and malabsorption!  There is no original thought.

BE WELL, get to YOUR personal GOALS, BE HAPPY...

Some more "classic" stalls comin up so HEADS UP!
Stalls and Plateaus

http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/carmelita/blog/tag/stalls+ and+plateaus/

Lynnww666
on 8/14/11 7:39 am - Canada
Thanks, you're right... we each have to work it out for ourselves, but it's good when the vets remind us that some things, like stalls, will happen and help us not freak out. Other than that, I'm going with what I can eat, how it feels, finding out what feels good...
Lynn

Kristy R.
on 8/14/11 5:10 am - Santa Clara, CA
 meh, I would not consider it a stall until it is a week or more.  But that's me I guess.  I also don't weigh every day.  For me personally I find it stressful and find that I do things that are not great for me to try and make that scale do what I think it should.  So weigh in on Sat am.  If I am eating so much or so badly  that I can't weigh once a week to keep myself on track, then I have other issues I better address.  
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

Lynnww666
on 8/14/11 10:30 am - Canada
LOL... Kristy you are so right! Trust a newbie to think two days is a stall... we're so new to everything that we build it into a drama.... I will not consider it a stall anymore... just maybe a hiccup.... at least for the next several days...
Lynn

Kristy R.
on 8/14/11 11:58 pm - Santa Clara, CA
On August 14, 2011 at 5:30 PM Pacific Time, Lynnww666 wrote:
LOL... Kristy you are so right! Trust a newbie to think two days is a stall... we're so new to everything that we build it into a drama.... I will not consider it a stall anymore... just maybe a hiccup.... at least for the next several days...
Lynn
 That's the way to do it!  You will have a lot of ups and downs.  I have tried to keep an even keel, as much as possible.  I remember that I have this incredible tool to help me now and that helps me to keep my mind and emotions steady through this process.  I will get there - that is what I know.  And that keeps me going through it.  It helps me to focus on what I have already accomplished and to remember all of the difficulty I had losing weight in the past.  And knowing that I have a permanent solution now.  Congrats and you can do it!  At YOUR pace.  :)

~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views