Anyone else experience this??

Sweettard
on 8/16/11 1:00 am

First of all I feel I am a slow loser.  I am 4 months out and have lost 53 lbs, 6 pounds in the last week.  I have noticed a trend the past two months with a large weight loss in one week during my period, then the following three weeks its up a few ounces down a pound.  I only loose like 2 to 3 pounds the rest of the month.  Don't get me wrong I am thankful to be loosing but can not understand why I am loosing so much in one week and not the others.

Anyone else experience this or have suggestions for me?

Steph

To close your eyes and dream is one thing, but to wake up and make it reality is allowing yourself to not be defeated by youself or others.      

SW 258.6     CW 206.4     GW 130

dozer
on 8/16/11 1:05 am - Branford, CT
 I'm only a week out~ had my surgery last Tuesday, but I think you are doing great! That averages to over 13 pounds a month. Congratulations 
Denise

cattywompos
on 8/16/11 1:12 am
First off... you are not a slow loser!  You've lost 53lbs be happy!  Surgery is not a "wake up and be skinny" procedure, you are doing just fine.  Now, we all seem to have a different pattern for weight loss, I tend to stall or slow down just before my period and drop after.  Really I only have a week or two of good weight loss. Hormones suck!  I also tend to go up and down all the time, sometimes nearly 3 pounds up!  I have learned long ago never to count the ups only the downs because those ups are jus****er weight.  There is no possible way that I have over eaten by 3500 cals to gain and I am sure you don't either.  My suggestion to you is hold on!  Its a bumpy ride!  Don't compare yourself to anyone else and be happy for the losses, even what seems like small ones add up. 
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

Sweettard
on 8/16/11 1:16 am
Thank you!!!  I guess sometimes we need someone to give us a different perspective on how we are doing and that we are doing just fine.
Valerie K.
on 8/16/11 1:26 am - Dearborn, MI
 My body did the same thing. I was 4 months out and lost 50 lbs and stressed out about it to thinking it would never come off of me. Well looking back i was just fine. Do not stress over this it will come off slow or fast it comes off.

Enjoy loosing it i did not enjoy it at first was always second guessing my self the scale would only move down 1 lb or 2 and I was not happy. Please be happy enjoy this time of your weight loss.

My surgeon gave me the tool. Now it is up to me to use it right.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 311 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 361 views