pig out

sunnymicki
on 8/20/11 12:33 am
On August 19, 2011 at 9:19 PM Pacific Time, Jan G. wrote:
Yes I am aware that its for shrinking the liver, but my surgeon's office told me it also serves as the bowel prep.

Thanks, Jan
My surgeon doesn't usually require a pe-op diet.  He does have everyone do a bowel prep the day before surgery though, so the two things don't have to go together.
acbbrown
on 8/19/11 12:35 pm - Granada Hills, CA
I did just fine with no pre-op diet. Ate regularly until midnight the night before surgery.

I don't know if my surgeon usually makes people do pre-op diets or not, but I had already lost considerable amoutn of weight so my liver wasn't really an issue.

But I'd rather have had empty bowels before surgery - i was consipated like F*** afterwards and was miserable. I didn't go for 7 days afterwards and when I did, i would have rather died.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

mp2003
on 8/19/11 12:20 pm
I did, I picked my top 5 favs of all time.. and had my food funerals for them all.. but this was weeks before surgery so beware lol
HW:264.4   6/22/11    SW:250   7/19/11    CW:238.8  8/24/11   1GW:202   

Erica77
on 8/19/11 1:25 pm - MN
I did say goodbye to Ben and Jerry (the only men in my life) one pint after another. I did this before my 10 day liquid diet.
HW- 398  SW- 371 CW- 224 GW- 175      5'11     27lbs lost preop

smbergie200
on 8/19/11 1:28 pm - Naples, FL
A big YEPPPP!

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

percheron
on 8/19/11 1:31 pm
I was told yesterday by the nutritionist, go home and enjoy what ever I wanted and my new selections of food began today so last night I ate what I wanted.  I am going out tomorrow night but ordering according to their diet requirements such as 3 ounces of chicken and so on.  Should be good, fun and enjoyable.  Surgery is only a few days away, I'm not messing it up...lol...but am going to enjoy what they tell me I can.
USAF Wife
on 8/19/11 2:05 pm
I couldn't really have a major food funeral before my VSG because I had the band, but I did before my band. I did NOT have a liquid pre-op and since a true fatty liver won't be decreased significantly with an all liquids diet for just a week or two, there is really no need for it in my surgeon's opinion. A low carb/high protein diet will shrink the slippery/slimy fat deposits on the liver that can make it difficult for them to move it out of the way to get to your stomach. If a patient has a true fatty liver, they need to be on a modified diet for months to get it to truly "shrink".

I even started my revision with nearly a 50 BMI, a week of low carb/high protein pre-op and a huge last meal the night before surgery, my liver looked amazing.

The best part of VSG is the lack of food intolerances. Once I got to goal, and into maintenance, I am easily able to eat all my favorite foods. Grant it, it's a 1/4 of what  I ate pre-op, but I don't miss the huge portions.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Hislady
on 8/20/11 10:25 am - Vancouver, WA
Actually I didn't, what I did was make a list of my favorite foods that I knew I wouldn't be able to eat after my band like sandwiches. Then every week (for 6 mos B4 surg) I'd eat one of the items. That way I didn't gain a bunch of weight but still got a last taste of my yummy favs like a reuben sandwich.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 365 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 410 views