Fun exercise!

Audra L.
on 8/20/11 8:41 am - WA
VSG on 08/05/11 with

I generally hate to exercise, but, of course I want to do more.  And I understand that to lose weight and maintain that weight loss, I need to get with a program.  I don't mind walking, but the weather around here is inclement 8 months of the year, and I hate going to gyms.  I DO love to dance, but that gets expensive.  What sorts of fun activities do you do for exercise?

HEIGHT: 5'8"          HIGHEST WEIGHT: 285          CURRENT WEIGHT: 180

barber64
on 8/20/11 9:08 am, edited 8/20/11 9:08 am - Temecula, CA
VSG on 06/06/12
I'm looking into a Hula Hoop 4lb. no waves.. 42"
kimbethin
on 8/20/11 9:50 am - CA

Zumba?  Walk away the pounds?  Both are easy to start and give good results.

putting one foot in front of the other...        
Sandy S.
on 8/20/11 9:57 am
My choice is swimming- indoor pool at the gym and the rest of the time I just do ramdom exercises to keep moving more.  Best of luck!

"Step by step the longest march can be won,"  Sweet Honey and the Rock- Peace, San  HW 463 Surgery: 6/13/11; SW 413      
heathermc44
on 8/20/11 10:02 am - Bremerton, WA
can you afford a treadmill?  I would also invest in some videos or get the Wii fit, or something similar if you have a game console.  I also would invest in some hand weights and maybe an exercise ball.  I go to a gym but there are days where I will do some weight exercises at home.

Lynnww666
on 8/20/11 10:04 am - Canada
I also love to dance but generally am not a fan of exercise. I found that with a CD of great Latin music (peppy sambas and chachas, maybe some Beyonce, Ricky Martin, etc.) I just put it on and dance around my living room.
I tried the Latin Dance DVDs, but the music was minimal and mostly just these skinny women ordering you to move this way and that.
I don't really know how to do any of these dances properly but I find the music invigorates me and it gets me moving, stretching, bending etc.
For me it's one of the few fun ways to work up a sweat.
Lynn
Quien quiera pescado que se moje el culo
Dec. 2010 weight 355, surgery weight 292 Current weight 199

Elaine2
on 8/20/11 10:08 am - Atlanta, GA
If you have it, check out your cable On Demand---Sports and Fitness---Exercise TV.
All types of different workout selections on mine.  It will give you a chance to try different types so you can find something you enjoy.

I happen to like swimming and then I'll do a ballet video to stretch (strictly in the privacy of my living room)!!!

Audra L.
on 8/20/11 10:39 am - WA
VSG on 08/05/11 with

Thanks for the suggestions, so far. :)

I went out and purchased Just Dance 2 and Zumba Fitness for my Wii.  I tried the JD2 and it was fun.  Sometimes they "exercise" one arm or leg more than the other, but I just switch sides on my own.  The music gets me moving and it's fun.  Tomorrow I'll have to try Zumba.

Oh, and I love DDR.  I used to have it on my computer and it was so fun to play (not to mention, got the heart pumping).  I'll have to see if I can track that down, too.  I mean, as long as it's fun and gets the heart pumping, it can't be half bad, right?

HEIGHT: 5'8"          HIGHEST WEIGHT: 285          CURRENT WEIGHT: 180

Joy J.
on 8/20/11 11:13 am - Laurel, MD
I love the WII just dance videos! Just be careful not to over do it...your body is still healing.

Good luck to you.
The_Chungs
on 8/20/11 11:56 am
I won't be cleared for exercise for at least another 3 weeks, but I plan to interject a variety of physical activity as time/weight loss/money permits in order to keep me interested...

- 2-3 sessions with a personal trainer every 2-3 months (he'll write me a program, teach it to me, then set me on my own for a couple months)
- yoga  (local YMCA usually offers classes)
- martial arts classes
- bike riding (weather permitting)
- elliptical machine
- Wii fit
- aqua aerobics (classes at the YMCA)
- belly dancing classes
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -  Confucius  
Height:  5'10  HW:  400  SW:  374.6  GW:  160    

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views