WW and WLS?

Cusscusscutie
on 8/20/11 9:42 am - MA
Just curious if anyone used weigh****chers post WLS? Does it work well together?

heathermc44
on 8/20/11 10:00 am - Bremerton, WA
I've heard people on here have done that but honestly why would you want to?  Also, they are going to give you a meal plan that in the beginning will be way too much food for.  I could see possibly doing it further out if you haven't lost all the weight or need the accountability.

USAF Wife
on 8/20/11 10:06 am
After doing WW 500 bajillion times (okay 5-6 times), I really hate their structure and their "rules". It's been about 4.5 years since I've been a member, but all the "cheat" points that are given, and then being told to make sure to eat all of my points even if I wasn't hungry, those are not geared toward weight loss for us. I really think all of that really helped me continuously fail on WW. Those justified cheat points, and those 5 starbursts to hit my points, or half of a sandwich, whatever, never gave me much consistency. It's just not "good" for me, or my mentality. Plus, I hated, I mean loathed the meetings, maybe on-line would be different.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

smbergie200
on 8/20/11 2:10 pm - Naples, FL
Weigh****cher = for me. At least thats how it made me feel. Along with LA weightloss which is out of business.

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

C J
on 8/21/11 12:46 am - Franklin, MA
I'm guessing NO, simply because WW Points are calculated using several factors - Calories/Fat/Carbs/Fiber then Protein, our focus is protein FIRST!

Pre-op WW was the only program that worked for me but all those years of counting and measuring losing and gaining drove me to wls!

I'm pretty sure what made it "work" for me was the journaling. So that's what I'm doing now... I use my FitBit food tracker with the iPhone app religiously so I'm accountable for everything I put in my belly!

Andrea2222
on 8/21/11 1:27 am - Sharonville, OH
I tried WW a few months ago. Their plan is really good and it matches pretty closely with what my Nut wants us to do. I probably ate less carbs and more protein than the average Weigh****cher, but it doesn't matter. There's no rule that specifies how many grams of protein or carbs you're supposed to eat. And their total calorie count, at least at my weight, was about 1200 per day. It went up to 1400 per day if I included all the extra optional points. This is exactly the amount of calories my Nut told me to eat to continue losing weight for me!

Now I'm a year out, so I can eat a little more food. Plus, I'm being more adventurous in what I eat now than I did even six months ago, so I liked the choices Weigh****chers offered.

What I also liked was that it forced me to be a little more accountable by having me weigh in every week.

What I didn't like was the meetings and the expense. I also didn't like having to calculate points and also keep track of protein. So I ended up dropping out. I prefer using my online tracker now.

I've seen other people on OH say they're doing WW after surgery and they seem pretty happy with it. So if it sounds like something you'd like, I saw give it a try.
HW: 380   SW: 321   CW: 214  GW: 145  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 149 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 423 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 442 views