I'm HOME just got SLEEVED on Wed!!

Sunny702
on 8/22/11 7:05 am - Las Vegas, NV
I had my surgery on Wed the 17th in Mexico with Dr. Ramos Kelly and I'm feeling really good right about now!

The day of surgery was pretty rough for me ... anesthesia and I aren't the best of friends. lol Other than that it was smooth sailing. By Friday I was at the mall ... lol. I sersiously started feeling like I was just on vacation and nothing "major" had happened. However, I TOTALLY noticed it when my companions were eating all the yummy food that I couldn't. It smelled great and looked good but I wasn't "hungry". It really is the most amazing feeling in the world. It felt so great to sip my tortilla soup and be able to not say ... let me have a bite. lol Plus ... after a bit of my soup I was satisfied. I'm sooo looking forward to working this sleeve to its fullest potential.  

Now I'm back home from
Mexico and of course have my first sign of discomfort. It started yesterday I was reaching for the car door and felt this sharp pain it kinda felt like a tear on the inside. It kinda felt like when you rip off a band-aid really quickly. It happens right above my belly button it was a quick sharp pain then the area felt kind of warm ... after that it went away. Today it happened when I was getting up too quick off of the couch ... has anyone ever had this sort of pain (i have put a call into my Dr.) just wondering if anyone else has experienced it. I also have weird pains that feel like something is moving in my stomach. I've come to the realization that's gas. lol

I'm SOOOOO flippin excited to be on this journey. Can't WAIT to post some real weight loss stats.

WOOOO HOOOOOOO the SLEEVE is ON!! LOL 

NOTE: Does anyone know how I can put the name of my Dr. on my profile under my name / avatar? 
PROUD patient of Dr. Ramos Kelly. If you're considering him or have any questions regarding my experience to Mexico for my VSG feel free to contact me directly!
DrHollywood
on 8/22/11 7:25 am - Harbor City, CA
Congratulations with your surgery and Welcome to the Losers Bench!!!!

✿ L♦O♦V♦E ✿ & ✿ P♦E♦A♦C♦E ✿ღ ✿ & F♦R♦I♦E♦N♦D♦S ✿ ღ
                         "Keeping The Faith!"   "Slim by Summer!"
                                    HW: 250 - SW: 241  - CW: 154.7GW: 140  

1 month: 22 pounds (2162 months: 12.2 pounds (203.8)  3 months: 10.6  (193.2)
 4 months: 9.7  lbs  (183.5)  5 Months:   6  pounds  (177.5 ) 
6 Months: 12 lbs ( 165.5)
 7 Months 7.1 lbs (158.4) 8 Months +1.6 pounds(159.8) 9 Months 2.7 pounds (157.1)
10 Months 8.1 lbs (149) 11 months +2 pounds ( 151) 1 YEAR!!!  2.6 pounds (148.4)

Hit "One-derland April 9th, 2011   (199.7)

"Half-Way Goal" April 25th, 2011 (194.8)

"Happyland 80`s" May 14, 2011  (189.6)

"Groovyland 70`s"  June 20th 2011  (179.9)

" HippyDippyland 60's"  July 16th  (169.8)

" CQQL-land 50`s"  August 25th ( 159.8)

"Normal BMI"   24.8  October 21st, 2011 (154.5) I am 5`6

"AWESOME-land 40's" Dec 1st 2011  (149)

"Century Club 100 Pounds"  Dec 1st 2011  (149)

' ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!"

Two Year Surgiversary!!!"

Jan G.
on 8/22/11 7:26 am - WI
Congrats...surgery is over and now welcome to the losers bench!! YEAH!! Glad so far things are not that bad.

Others will help you with surgeon's name. If I change something I cannot remember where or how LOL

Remember.. you did have major surgery..and your body is healing. But..yeah.. ENJOY your new life!!

Warmly, Jan

VSG: 08/05/2011   Age 62   5 foot:  HW: 207    SW 194   CW 156

Spiritus
on 8/22/11 10:05 am - Hawthorne, CA

Find the MY OH...click on PROFILE.....on the left side click on MY JOURNEY and fill out the fields.

Congrats on your surgery and surviving the first 5 days..those are a real *****!  Now don't over do anything it is very easy to confuse your energy and wipe yourself out easy!

~Vickie

susanpalmer
on 8/22/11 10:10 am - annapolis county, Canada
I have to say thanks for posting. I have been wondering about dr.kelly and watching those who where going to him. Sooo nice to hear things went well.

susan palmer    
highest weight 280 current weight 186

1london
on 8/22/11 11:34 am
Congratulations and welcome home!!  I am so happy to see how excited you are in your post...that is awesome!  I wish you the best in your journey, you are going to do great!

slimcin
on 8/22/11 2:12 pm - CA
Hi there, I am also going to be having the gastric sleeve in Mexico with Dr. Kelly on sept. 12th. I was confirmed today and my coordinator Christi at Successfully Slimmer has been great so far. I am hoping the rest of the journey through surgery will be just as pleasant. I was aprehensive about going to Mexico but after seeing so many people that had great experiences posting on here and on You tube- the worries have pretty much disappeared! Is it true that you have to bring your own supplies, like gauze and bandages for the Hotel room stay?

Tomorrow I am going to start my excercise regimn, as they recommend excercising as much as possible prior to surgery to help with the recovery.  It seems to me that I have heard others on the You Tube channel speak of the same type of sensation you are refering to, also in the early post op sleeve.....I never heard them say there was something wrong with their sleeves though, I hope all is well for you too. 

I can not wait to taste this tortilla soup everyone keeps mentioning. I am looking forward to it. : )

If you have any tips for the surgery- I would love to hear them.

Sunny702
on 8/23/11 2:49 am - Las Vegas, NV
Thanks everyone for the well wishes! It's still kind of hard for me to believe that I really did it. I've wanted to have this surgery for YEARS (well not this specific one but weight loss surgery) and there was always a reason that I couldn't. I feel so full of happiness because I KNOW this time I WILL lose this weight AND keep it off!! I'm sure that everyone else can relate to the feeling. I am very optimistic at this point.

Slim ... Trish (works directly with Dr. Kelly in Mexico) was my coordinator and she was THE BEST!! I'm not familiar with any other coordinators so I'm not sure how they work. I know that Trish came to my hotel room the day I left surgery and had a bag of goodies for me ... Gatorade, Jello, Gauze, Tape, Medicine and Instructions. Then she took me and my companion shopping. I had a great experience with Trish and Dr. Kelly. I pray that yours is just as fabulous!

P.S. How did you put Dr. Kelly's name on your signature? I've tried to do it through MY OH but it isn't working for me.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views