3 Months post op results and pics

wls2011
on 8/23/11 12:56 am - Ballston Lake, NY

wls2011's Blog
wls2011's Blog
  3 months post op [Edit Post]
posted 29 minutes ago
So I'm a little past 3 months out...just got my labwork results back and everything is normal! That is good news. I really thought I would come up deficient in some vitamins or minerals, since I have not been always perfect with taking my supplements.

The hardest thing to remember is to take the vitamins at night, since I have to take them 2x daily. Since my hair started falling out in huge clumps, I have been better about that second dose!

My official loss at the surgeon's office is 47 pounds at 13 weeks post op. That's about 3 1/2 pounds a week on average! The surgeon and PA were quite impressed with my progress and told me to keep doing what I'm doing...

The only problem I'm having is massive hair loss and really erratic periods and spotting...Both of these problems, the surgeon assured me were normal and part of hormonal issues due to rapid weight loss. Unfortunately, not much can be done except to wait it out, when the weight loss slows down or stops, things should get back to normal....Although the PA didn't give much hope on getting my thick hair back, she said sometimes it doesn't come back the same, but they both assured me I won't go bald....I sure hope not!

Here's what I typically eat daily... 

8 oz Coffee w/ cream
6 oz Chobani yogurt
8 oz  Protein shake (either fruit or choc/peanutbutter)
1       String Cheese
3 oz  Tuna salad w/ 2-3 crackers
2 oz   Chicken or Turkey w/ 2 bites of mashed potato

My exercise schedule is....

2-3x week strength training w/ trainer
2x week cardio (usually walk on treadmill or outside)

Pre-Op3 months Post-op

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

borntobethin35
on 8/23/11 12:59 am - VA
WOW, You look great! Keep up the good work!

Sheka
HW: 272   SW: 256  CW: 189 GW: 170

1st  Goal:    245:    
Achieved
2nd Goal:    220:    Achieved
3rd  Goal:    199:    Achieved
Final goal:   170

"I thank GOD for allowing me this opportunity to turn my life around"

felicity2u
on 8/23/11 12:59 am - LA
You look awesome! Keep it up girl!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

DragonGirl
on 8/23/11 1:03 am - MN
Keep working that sleeve...you look great!!

Heidi
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
Vicky712
on 8/23/11 1:11 am - Bryan, TX
 Wow you look great and just think -- it's only been 3 months.  Keep up the great work.  I'm 3 years post op.  This is an amazing journey!!!  Enjoy every bit of it!  I wish for you continued success in the coming months!
yellowbagbg
on 8/23/11 1:54 am - Flint, MI
You look great keep up the good work!!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/23/11 2:16 am
WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
stephf
on 8/23/11 8:05 am - CA
VSG on 03/29/11 with
im 4 mos out and ive lost only 72 lbs total since surgery... damn you're doing great! how do you get those ounces in though at meals I can only get in about 2oz

HW 288  PRE OP WEIGHT  249/ SW241/ CW 146.8     

wls2011
on 8/23/11 12:29 pm - Ballston Lake, NY
 Thanks everyone... :)

Stephf... I'm just now able to get in those amounts, and some days or some meals, it may be only 1/2 of the measured amount...for the longest time I could not get in hardly anything except for thinner liquids....and even now to finish a whole yogurt, I have to eat it VERY slow, while doing other things like coming on here to distract me, so that it is stretched over 30 minutes...

If I try to eat in "fast" like in 10 minutes, when I'm starving, I only get in a couple of bites and then it hurts....so I have to be real careful....and as you can see, my choices are still liquids and mushies for the most part...solids are harder to get down, and I'd be eating a whole lot less ounces...

But as far as my total weight loss, I did lose a lot pre-op that is in my ticker count, that gave me a head start on my journey....

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op