Checking in....day 28 post-op

OffshoreMedic
on 8/30/11 10:31 am - AL
Hello fellow OHer's! 

I haven't checked in for a few weeks so I thought I would tonight.

A quick update on my progress...as of 4 week followup yesterday I am down 46 lbs with 5 1/2 inches gone from my waist. My energy levels have been high and I feel great. I'm up to walking 3 miles per day. I'm doing 2 miles in the morning and 1 mile every evening. Last Saturday I did 5 miles to celebrate my 50 lbs gone milestone (I know it was premature but it was the only chance I'd have before returnin to work). I received clearance from my surgeon yesterday and from my company physician today.

I still don't see the weight loss when I look in the mirror but I definitely feel it in the way that my clothes fit. I'm amazed constantly at how foods that would induce a binge before have no affect on me anymore. Loving my sleeve! 

Prayers and happy thoughts to everyone out there! 

Chris

Amy 2bhealthy
on 8/30/11 10:46 am - STL Metro, IL
VSG on 09/13/12
Great news. It seems like the first 30-50 lbs it is harder to tell the difference, but then it seems like every 10 lbs or so makes a huge difference in how you feel and look! 

Keep up the good work!

Amy

Revision: Realize band to VSG....loving my sleeve!! 

Palmettosleeve
on 8/30/11 11:12 am - Pawleys Island, SC
congrats! i had my surgery monday the 22nd of this month and i agree with you. there's foods i would binge on before that i look at now and it dont phase me. good job on the 50 pounds. you walk a lot! keep up the good work
starting weight: 341, goal weight: 150, 1st goal: 250, 2nd goal: 199, final goal: 150

mellasmomma0709
on 8/30/11 1:23 pm - IL
Congrats,You are doiing great!!
Loving this new life, just trying to figure it all out and take it all in day by day!!!
jennifer K.
on 8/30/11 10:48 pm - OH
Wow congrats - you are doing great - glad to see you had a smooth recovery! I will hit 2 months out next week and just got out of my 3 week stall - it is brutal and messes with your head - so hide the scale for awhile! Good luck - we all keep making more and more room on the loser's bench!!
Jennifer
HW:330, Class W: 300  SW: 279 (7/13)
1m: 257 - 22 lbs/ 2m: 241 - 17 lbs/ 3m 231 - 10 lbs/ 4m  221 - 10 lbs/ 5m 210 -11lbs

Mr Mom
on 8/31/11 3:05 am
Way to go Chris!
Your doing it right and you will see a big change in yourself soon enough. It really hit me when I realized it was time to drop a ton my "fat clothes" off at the Goodwill. My closet was one of those that had stages of clothing at different sizes. Now I'm down to just one size, my current size!
Enjoy the journey.. It goes by quickly!.. Craig

Heaviest:406 | Surgical Weight:366 | Current Weight:290 | Goal Weight:250

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views