5 days post op, back at work

GiGi W.
on 8/31/11 1:34 am
Hi everyone!

One of my biggest questions when I came to OH months ago, was "how long will I need to take off from work?" It's a hard question to answer, because everyone is different, and everyone's body responds to surgery differently, but I went back to work yesterday after taking 5 days off, and felt good about it.

I work in retail, so it is not a job that requires heavy lifting or physical labor. I just wanted to let any Newbies or preop know how my healing time went, in case it is helpful. I wasn't required to come back to work, and could take off as much as 2 weeks. I am very surprised at how good I feel physically. Aside from the incisions itching, I can't even tell I had surgery 6 days ago. I thought I would be feeling much worse.

I am struggling to get my water in, but determined not to get dehydrated, so while at work I just sip, sip, sip.

Kelly Puma
on 8/31/11 1:42 am - Royersford, PA
Good for you GiGi - Just be careful. I too have a job that doesn't require physical labor. My surgery is Sept 21st. Hope I feel as good as you to go back in 1 week!
Sip, Sip, Sip
GiGi W.
on 8/31/11 2:04 am
Thanks! I am taking it slowly and carefully. There is no need to rush any of this recovery.

I underestimated how hard it would be to drink 40 oz of water after surgery. I used to just gulp it down...and that's not an option anymore!

Good luck with your surgery! It will be here BEFORE YOU KNOW IT!!

RhondaLynn
on 8/31/11 2:26 am
glad to hear this.. I have surgery scheduled on November 2. which is a Wednesday.  I had planned to come back the following Monday, I am a secretary so I just sit on my butt.. (part of my problem) .  I am glad to know it is possible!

Rhonda
Lori B.
on 8/31/11 3:19 am
Yes, I too was back at work 5 days post op. I have a desk job was able to sit, and had a timer to help remind me to sip sip sip. I was lucky though and felt great, although very tired.

Good for you. Just don't overdo it. Make sure you rest after work.

~Lori
~Lori

HW 286.5   GW 155   CW 153
theshrinkingmimi
on 8/31/11 3:20 am
I had an easy recovery too. No pain.
-incision itch
-needed a nap
-struggled with getting water.

Congrats on feeling good- keep working on the water.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
dianna0912
on 8/31/11 4:06 am, edited 8/31/11 4:07 am - TX
Great Job GIGI!  We were sleeved on the same date & there is no way I could be at work now.  Just got my tube out this morning & my doc said I could go back in 2 weeks from today.  Maybe it's my age but I don't feel fine yet.  I'm exhausted from going to the doctor but i just had my first full liquid meal in a week so maybe I'll feel better tomorrow. 

Am I a wimp or just older than you guys (I'm almost 49)?
          HW-327  SW-267  GW-175       VSG-08/25/11

Waning Woman
on 8/31/11 4:09 am - TX
I was really tired after surgery, but physically I felt pretty good within the first week
    Follow my journey at http://waningwoman.com/
Mrsk2011
on 8/31/11 4:29 am
That is awesome im just 2 days post-op and 5 days out i sure as heck hope i feel as good as u....
betti
on 8/31/11 9:41 pm
VSG on 07/19/11 with
I have an extremely physical job and I went back a week later.  I did have some incisional discomfort, but overall I felt good.  I still struggle with getting enough water in at work. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views