Meds after Surgery

MNgrl2TX
on 8/31/11 5:09 am
VSG on 09/19/11 with
How does someone take there normal meds during the first few weeks after surgery?  Since they are in pill form and I can only do liquids, how are they taken?   

33 yrs old - 5'8 - SW 305 - GW 165
                            MyFitnessPal: DuckyTX

Jenijeni
on 8/31/11 5:12 am
Some docs have you crush them and mix them with applesauce or sf pudding. My doc was fine with me swallowing my pills, even the day after surgery.

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

francislicious
on 8/31/11 6:35 am
I was just sleeved on 8/22 and my Dr. sent me Loretab in liquid format....and some tiny tiny pills for the nausea...I guess every Dr. is different:)
boomercd
on 8/31/11 7:01 am - OH
swallowing them whole since day one, Dr said if they were smaller than an m&m they were Ok some pills scare me so if they are not coated I at least cut then in half.

I'm Still a work in progress, I wont give up the quest to reclaim my life, I will be whole again someday!
                          HW297 SW269 CW149.2

Jan G.
on 8/31/11 8:56 am - WI
Taking my meds was my big concern before surgery.
My surgeon uses the HEAD of Lincoln on a penny as a guide for size of the pill. If its bigger he'd rather I CUT it than cru****
One of my NSAIDS came in a patch and I am using that for now.
It will be a few months out before I can swallow better.

He also said that the diameter of our sleeve is about the side of a DIME and eventually will be as wide as a nickle.

Now I can get my BIG potassium pill cut in fours to twos. Still need a lot of water to get them down.

My beloved pharmacist reviewed all my meds and told me what could be crushed, cut and which could not.

Good Luck, it will work out. Jan

VSG: 08/05/2011   Age 62   5 foot:  HW: 207    SW 194   CW 156

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 100 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views