Any runners want to be friends?

vacationlover
on 9/1/11 2:05 am
I'm looking for VSGers who run, and would like to share tips and tricks via messages instead of here (I am paranoid that Frisco will think my questions are dumb and block me ).  I also have questions and concerns about what and when I should be eating/drinking within the 1 hour of my run.

Me:
A couple of years ago I started working out a lot and running, and weighed around 220.  When I gained weight, and had some back problems, I stopped running.  Now that I've lost some weight, I am starting to run again.  I am on week 8 of a couch to 5K app, and would like to run a 5K this fall.  Next year I'd like to run a 10K.

CW: 130ish HW: 264 SW:254 Hgt: 5'2

Goals-Dr:159-MET Mine:140-MET!!! Final Goal: 135-MET!!!!!

W4:-22 W8:-11 W12:-10.5 W16:-12 W20:-11.5 W24:-9.5 W28:-8 W32:-7.5 W36:-8 W40:-7.5 W44:-5 W48: -4.5 1Yr/W52: -7

Smardeepants
on 9/1/11 5:12 am
My story is similar to yours. I was running and working out A LOT a couple of years ago. I had 2 different injuries, and stopped. I (of course) regained, and ended up having surgery at 235 at the end of June. I'm now down to 196, and planning to start running again in oct (hopefully in the 180's... to minimize injuries).

It's been 12 mos since my last race, but in the 6mos prior to that I did 2 triathlons, a 5K, a 10K, and a half marathon.

I've got a triathlon in december, an 8mi adventure race w/25+ obstacles in Jan, and another 1/2 marathon in june 2012.

PM me any time... even though I'm a bit behind you, it would be fun to compare notes, etc.

Stacy160
on 9/1/11 5:31 am
I run (if it can be called running LOL) spordically... actually relatively little this year, although last year I ran my first 5K on m 8-month anniversary. 

You gals might want to check out the Exercise & Fitness board.... lots of athletes there and they're always very friendly and helpful! 

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/fitness/

HW 258    SW 246.4    CW 166.8 GW 160    
                     (reflects loss from all-time high weight in November 2009)
LeahBea
on 9/1/11 6:54 am
VSG on 05/31/11 with
I've been doing C25K, though with the start of school I took a week off and will be starting over at week 2 (I want to do this right!)

I planning on running my first 5K on Thanksgiving this year with my dad and sister (both runners) and would like to *try* to keep up.

I had never run before I started C25K.

But message me anytime and we can chat about it.

Leah

janielynne
on 9/1/11 8:28 am
Leah, I  just started C25K today...I tried to start week ago, but  a injury stopped me.  I  really want to do this.  I hit onederland last weekend, so I hope that will make a big difference.  I too have never been a runner.  It may not be something that I want to do all the time.  However I really want to say that I can!!! 

Maybe we can motivate each other...

hope to talk to you soon

Jane

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 313 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views