Sooo many protein powders

southtexas
on 9/3/11 10:37 am

Wow, there are so many protein powders out there! I bought two 1 1/2 lb containers from my surgeon's office this week to start my 2 week pre-op diet on Tuesday. They were $29.00 each. The girls at the surgeon's office said they were delicious and were drinking them when I came in but, it seems a little pricey for so little powder.

I have been looking online for some sample packs, at Sam's, GNC, and other stores. I want to try some different powders before spending a lot of money on one that I may hate. Anyone have any advice of where I can find samples to try? GNC does not have sample packs. Please help!

Ms. Poker Face
on 9/3/11 10:42 am
I like the Syntrax Nectars.  You can get them from mybariatricpantry.com.

Or try some from this old post:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/4391400/Sample-ideas/

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

southtexas
on 9/3/11 12:20 pm
Thanks for the link! It is really helpful!
dicastro1010
on 9/3/11 10:47 am - Escondido, CA
I've ordered a loan of different ones and so far my absolute fave is called "UNJURY". It's intended for bariatric patients and I bought it on Amazon. It's sooo delish, not grainy or "protein-y" at all! I got the vanilla so I can flavor it however I like. I've made peanut butter flavor, orange julius. All kinds. I havent been sticking to shaked only, but really need to be here since my surgery is less than 2 weeks away! Unjury and I will be good pals by surgery time!
Hi I'm Diana! I'm 5'10 and hoping to get down to 165 :) Feel free to friend me! 

southtexas
on 9/3/11 12:21 pm
I have heard good things about the Unjury chicken soup. Thanks!
kellypolllitt
on 9/3/11 11:19 am
I use Body Fortress Whey protein from WalMart.  Very reasonable and the cookies and cream flavor is delish!
 SW: 312
 CW: 267
 GW: 170

southtexas
on 9/3/11 12:19 pm
I just looked it up on walmart.com and I want to go to Wal-Mart tonight to pick it up! Looks pretty good and a lot of protein per serving! Thanks! 
Paige V.
on 9/3/11 11:24 am, edited 9/3/11 11:25 am - Gainesville, FL
this place has single cans of protein shakes....esp try the pure protein ;)
http://www.vitacost.com/

visit my blog at www.thenursemommy.com!
start weight-288 pre-op -5lbs month 1-23lbs month2-14lbs month 3-minus 13lbs month4-minus 12lbs month5-13lbs month 6-8lbs   GOAL-21months out after having a post-WLS baby!

southtexas
on 9/3/11 12:22 pm
Thanks Paige. I will check it out!
Happy966
on 9/3/11 11:37 am

There are sample packs available for Syntrax Nectar proteins, and MyBariatricPantry.com has sample packs of 3 flavors of the Metabolic Nutrition ProtiZyme proteins - Peanut Butter Cookie is my alltime favorite.  Also, I couldn't live without the Unjury Chicken Soup.  Can't do sweet all the time!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Most Active