im gonna cry!

ati27
on 9/9/11 1:23 pm - NY
Im not getting why i only lost 12 lbs, i was sleeved on Aug 17th and only lost the first 10-12 days or so. i havent lost since. or actually, i lost 3 more but it came back on? How is this possible, i am not eating 1/4 of what i was before, and i am being so good. Help! Im feeling very discouraged already, i really thought i would be losing much faster being that i lost the first few days after surgery. So many ppl on this site have lost 100 + lbs, why am i not losing more. Its almost 1 month. Ive heard ppl losing 100 lbs in 6 months. Give me 60 in 6 months and ill be so happy. Any advice??

91Annie15
on 9/9/11 1:31 pm - CA
 Oh, Hunny!!!!  Don't get discouraged!  You and I are considered 'Light-Weights'....  We have less to lose, therefore we don't see those dramatic numbers.  Try to calm down and not get worked up.  Stress won't help you any.

We'll get through this.  I promise!
-AA   
ati27
on 9/9/11 1:37 pm - NY
i know i sound like im whining, but ive been waiting for a drop and its not coming. Just hoping to drop a few more lbs before that 1 month mark. I put myself through so much so im waiting for the results of that. Are you on mushies? What have you been eating? I see you had the surgery 1 day before me? Thanks for the big hug!!

91Annie15
on 9/9/11 2:02 pm - CA
 Don't worry about whining....I've been on the verge of tears quite a lot just recently.  For one, our bodies are going through a major shock!  Two, (I can only really say this for myself) food was really my comfort before.  I can't do that anymore!  It's frustrating and freakin' HARD!  Three, we have very little energy to deal with emotional and mood swings!!!

I refuse to weigh myself!  I'm waiting until my appointment on Monday to see where I'm at.  Too many times I've seen people freak out on this forum because their scale haunts them.  When my Dr. appts are spread out more, I will only allow myself to weigh once a week.  My scale is in an inconvenient location on purpose!  That scale can really reek havoc on our nerves...  Put it away so you can relax!  ...Just a suggestion.

I actually started pureed food 1.5 weeks out.  I now eat very soft, moist foods and I've discovered that I cannot comfortably eat more than 2.0 ounces.  I'm weighing my food now and try to stay closer to 1.5 ounces.  It is a huge struggle for me to eat slowly, but I'm getting there.  

And another thing...  I'm trying to figure out how to calculate percentage lost.  Don't look at the number of pounds lost so much as the percent of excess weight you've lost.  I truly have every confidence that us 'light-weights' can get to goal within this first year and stay there!

One more !!!

-AA   
(deactivated member)
on 9/9/11 1:38 pm
ati27
on 9/9/11 1:54 pm - NY
Don, Thanks for that link, i appreciate it. I dont know how smart it was for me to post the last one, i am more just being impatient, and hoping somebody can give me tips on how to get it moving. But really, thanks for the link. Appreciated! :-)

(deactivated member)
on 9/10/11 8:00 am
edelu
on 9/9/11 2:11 pm - los angeles, CA
I know how you feel believe me.  I was sleeved Aug 1st. When i went for my post-op 12 days after surgery i had not lost one pound.  today i went for my 6 week follow-up and I've lost 8lbs.  i too am a lightweight but this is ridiculous.  I'm very disappointed and yes I'm doing between 600-800 cals 30grams carbs I'm hungry  all the time and yes I'm taking a ppi.  I'm also 5'3 so probably not a long stomach and i was a revision but had gained considerable weight before i had the surgery. The only saving grace is that i only weigh at the Dr's office so I'm not driving myself crazy and while i truly believe that if i do everything i am supposed to the scale will move i have to say that is truly being tested now.  I never had a problem losing with my band so this is a concern.  I do believe that my body cannot hold onto weight when I'm taking in so few calories but still and all it is truly a challenge.  There is no way that anyone has had wls and not expected the scale to go down. but I'm sure this will change for both of us.  M sister joined weigh****chers the week after i had my surgery and she lost 8lbs that first week.  onward and upward.
AnastasiaBeaverhausn
on 9/9/11 3:01 pm
Move over. I'm 5 days ahead of you and I'm down 11. The only reason I'm down 11 is I had some complications and spent 4 days in the hospital. Since I've come home, nada! At least the weight I took off before surgery - part a stressful situation at work and 18 # on the pre-op diet - will never come back! If I never lose any more, I feel and look much better than I did and some of my co- morbidity issues are gone. Thank goodness. The good part is I know I will lose more eventually! Just not right now. We can stick together and make it work!
HW - 275  SW- 226  GW-150  

dcamacho01
on 9/9/11 4:00 pm
Hi,

I just got sleeved on 9/6 and I had lost 6 pounds before I went through surgery. I was 272 and I was down to 266. I weighed myself this morning and I have lost only 1 pound. I have to loose about 125 pounds and I can understand it will take maybe longer than others but I think it has to do with what we do. We have to exercise and learn how to eat and I think we are still looking at our old habits. I am in the liquid diet and I honestly cannot consume a whole bottle of water in one day. Protein is taking for an 8 oz portion a whole day, and at times I see food commercials that are really yummy and I feel like running and eating what they are showing in TV. I think we all need help and I am sure we will all get there but we need help to change those triggers and be more patient in our weight loss.

I am hoping that I will loose 40 pounds by Thanksgiving so i can surprise my family but this is going to be hard.....
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 262 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 325 views