Day 8 - first bout of nausea - miserable!

emdesq
on 9/9/11 12:39 pm
I am on Day 8 and just violently vomited after having protein beef bullion soup for dinner.  I tolerated it fine yesterday, but had a real tough time choking it down tonight, and about 45 minutes after finishing, I found myself bowed down over the toilet retching.  Nothing came up except a tiny bit of fluid. It was painful and very scary.  Any tips for how to deal with this??

Ready for my world to change!
HW394/SW373/GW Under 200
91Annie15
on 9/9/11 2:22 pm - CA
 I had a similar experience and know how NOT fun it is.  Get ready to be tired and sore tomorrow!  If you're having a tough time consuming something then STOP!  Don't try to pu****  ...Just my suggestion.

Sometimes getting up and walking around between bites/sips helped me in the very beginning.   

I hope that you feel better.  Take some pain meds, because your tummy is probably really hurting.  :(

-AA   
emdesq
on 9/9/11 3:12 pm
I like the idea of getting up and walking between bites/sips.  I'm going to try that.  I've already noticed that I feel best when sitting up straight while eating, so the standing and moving will probably help, too. 

HW394/SW373/GW Under 200
Steph4575
on 9/9/11 2:56 pm - TX
Our bodies are so weird, and so fickle. Sometimes one thing that worked before won't work two days later. Did you take any medications or anything before your soup? Meds seem to mess with me, also if I waited too long to eat, that would mess with me as well.
Good luck, I hope you feel better soon.

emdesq
on 9/9/11 3:11 pm
No, I haven't taken any meds since this morning, and I've been trying to eat at the same times each day, of course sipping water constantly in between. I took some anti-nausea medication I got from my surgeon, but have had a couple more dry heaves.  This is awful.

HW394/SW373/GW Under 200
frisco
on 9/9/11 6:56 pm

Call Dr.C......he is available to you.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Jessicasmom
on 9/10/11 2:27 am
I too have found it helpful to stand while eating. I am 4 days from surgery and learned real quick that I woul get nausea if I take my meds or drink water in an empty stomach. Sounds weird, but I coat my stomach with milk or shake before I take medicine or drink water or broth. It seems to help me. I still get bubbles and burping, but alot better than nausea or dry heaving.
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 196 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 282 views