Diet

newfie02_11
on 9/16/11 12:31 am - Canada
 Hi I am looking to loose some pounds before I get my surgery date and have seen alot of you loose before your surgery  ..can anybody tell me a good diet to use...i have tried WW but it gets to be expensive at $20 a week...I have gained 5 pounds since I saw my dr in may so I am now at 360 ...so any help would be great....
Love this forum wil all the info and just seeing how you all are doing ,,,it is a great place 
2random74
on 9/16/11 4:06 am
I have to lose 20lbs before I get my surgery.  Unfortunately I am such a procrastinator I am having to do it my last month.  I had 6 months to do it in.  I have lost almost 20lbs so far.  This is what I do.

Breakfast: Protein shake.  I use EAS AdvantEdge Chocolate Fudge.  It is cheap and easy to get from walmart.

Snack: 2 SF Jellos

Lunch: Protein shake.

Snack: 2 eggs scrambled (usually after work)

Dinner 3-4oz of meat, like chicken and a veggie.

If I have a night time snack it is usually a sf popsicle or more jello.

I use Sparkspeople.com to track my calorie intake, carbs and protein.  I will eat between 800 and 1000 calories a day.  Carbs under 40 and proteing between 90-100.  I started at 365lbs August 19th and as of this morning I weigh 346.  I also drink upwards to a gallon of water a day.  The minimum is 64oz I drink.

Hope that helps some.  This is not a suggestion from my dr or nutritionist, this is my own diet I created by reading these boards. 
newfie02_11
on 9/16/11 4:53 am - Canada
 Thanks for the info...going to try and do what you are doing also...I have some protein shakes here as i was doing herbalife program and it works but very expensive...thats was 2 shakes per day and good supper with snacking of fruit or yogurt...
so tomorrow morning i start with this ...
Thank you and good luck on your journey
Lynnww666
on 9/18/11 1:22 am - Canada
I think you are on the right track. Couple of protein shakes a day, some eggs, lean meats and I was also eating a big green salad (mixed greens plus some onion and couple pieces of tomato) usually with some shrimp or chicken for my main meal to help keep regular but green salad stuff is low carb.
That will also get you into the swing for post-surgery when you will mostly be eating lots of protein and little carb but also since I was sleeved in July, I could not resist getting in lots of yummy fresh garden greens which you will not be able to eat for many weeks after surgery (exact time depends on your surgeon) and I knew that I would really miss them.
I get my liquid protein from costco (Premier) but also found BioX premixed protein drink (from many health stores) to be fairly tasty.
I lost 18 pounds in just over two weeks pre surgery.
Good luck to you!
Lynn
Quien quiera pescado que se moje el culo
Dec. 2010 weight 355, surgery weight 292 Current weight 199

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views