Can I eat a protein bar everyday??

iLoveMe
on 9/19/11 12:38 pm - MO
I'm looking for ways to get in all my protein.  Is it okay to eat a protein bar for breakfast everyday?  Which protein bars are best?  I'm not really a breakfast person so I am looking for something quick and easy to eat while at work at my desk.  Help!!!
mama2girls
on 9/19/11 12:40 pm
Yes one a day is fine

HW:409  SW:328 CW:185-190 GW: 190, lowest wt:165;

GS Surgery date 8/9/11

Body by Sauceda born 12/9/16

"I'm working on myself, for myself, by myself"

Elaine2
on 9/19/11 12:52 pm - Atlanta, GA
There's probably no reason you can't have one............but I would select carefully!
Watch the protein to carb ratio----There are allot of choice out there but the carbs are very high on lots of them.  I fell into that trap early on --- found a bar I really liked but it had something like 20+ carbs each. Made it tough when I was trying to stay under 30 c per day.

You would probably get more mileage out of a high protein shake if you like or can tolerate one.

MELMEL308
on 9/19/11 1:40 pm - PA
I have found the atkins advantage protein bars to be really good...my favorite is the caramel double chocolate crunch,..it is heavenly and satisfies any sweet tooth i have......10g of protein,  1g sugar, and only 4g net carbs...i eat protein bars almost every day as snacks...
                            ~Melanie~
"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a beautiful butterfly"                                       
angieb77
on 9/19/11 2:12 pm - Blaine, MN
I love the pure protein bars.  You can buy them at Target, GNC, Walmart, and some grocery stores.  I buy mine in a large pack at Sams Club.  20g protein and 2g sugar.  I love the chocolate peanut butter ones.  Chocolate chip is good too.  The chocolate delight is alright but not my fav.  I want to try some other flavors.

HW: 375 SW: 325 CW: 263 GW: 160
Pre-Surgery WL: 50lbs

Brenda L.
on 9/19/11 2:22 pm - Raleigh, NC
oh yeah bars are great...low in carbs and high in protein.
  Brendini                                                              
MS_MOX
on 9/19/11 2:23 pm, edited 9/19/11 2:25 am - CA
I am with the Pure Protien crowd. The best carb to protien ratio and you can get then cheap at Wal-mart or Costco. I like the s'mores personally.

misselle
on 9/19/11 5:42 pm - TX
Just my opinion but I was doing this and it REALLY slowed my weight loss down due to the carbs the net carbs were not bad but I dont count net vs regular carbs because from reading on here and my experience a carb is a carb is a carb.  The shakes have wayyy less carbs than the bars do.  So if I were you id be careful with them not saying dont eat them but make sure you pay close attention to ALL THE DETAILS on the labels.  When i cut the protein bars out my weight loss has kicked back into gear DRAMATICALLY.

frisco
on 9/19/11 10:32 pm

Hey misselle.....

I gotta give yah props......you really got your program straightened out !!!

Seems you were a bit lost just a little bit ago and you took the time and effort to get it figured out !

Keep the path !

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

misselle
on 9/20/11 8:56 pm - TX
Thanks Frisco Im trying!!! Im in onderland now so its downhill from here!!! Thanks for the support and tough love!!!! Your posts really do help!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views