Century club, here I come - what a long road it's been

biologygrrrl
on 9/21/11 9:56 am - Rhinelander, WI
After weighing in at 229 back in March, I finally kicked the horrible 220s about a month ago and have been steadily losing again ever since. Thanks goes out to Frisco for his words of wisdom, I am back averaging 1-2 pounds a week again.  I have struggled a lot with carbs and poor choices, to tell the truth I don't visit the boards like I used to because it depresses me to see people who had a similar starting weight as me bypassing my weight loss after only a few months. I get mad at myself because I know that if I would have stuck to the diet guidelines I could have been at or close to my goal by now. But, I can't turn back the clock, so here I am. Monday I weighed in at 215, 90 pounds down. Not too shabby, I guess.

The last time I weighed 215 was back in 2003 after doing the Atkins diet for 6 months or so. I remember craving tomatoes LOL. The funny thing I noticed is that I wear about a size larger in jeans now than I did at that point due to my lovely tummy flab.

My twins turned 5 yesterday. I weighed 240 when I got pregnant and was over 300 pounds when I delivered them. They have never known a mom who weighed under 240. I spent the first 4 years of their life fat and in pain, unable to play with them unless it meant sitting at a table. Now I can sit on the floor with them, and the other day they chased me around the kitchen island laughing hysterically. After about 5 minutes of this I wasn't even winded! My knees and back don't hurt like they used to, either. This summer I took them to the beach and wasn't mortified on their behalf at being seen in a swimsuit. All in all, I feel like a much better mom.

All that said, I still have a long way to go. I hope to be under 200 by the new year, and I want to be down to 150 by January 2013. Maybe it's just mental, but it seems to have gotten a lot easier once I got out of the 220s. Thank you all for being supportive even though I only post occasionally.

JenniferI'm 5'4" ~ HW: 308   SW: 305   CW: 211   GW: 140     

Paige V.
on 9/21/11 10:11 am - Gainesville, FL
good for you, getting back on the bandwagon! =)

visit my blog at www.thenursemommy.com!
start weight-288 pre-op -5lbs month 1-23lbs month2-14lbs month 3-minus 13lbs month4-minus 12lbs month5-13lbs month 6-8lbs   GOAL-21months out after having a post-WLS baby!

HollyLaLa
on 9/21/11 10:13 am - NJ
VSG on 03/08/11 with
 Come on girl grab my hand!  We are on our way!  Look how far you have come!  Your almost there.  I just got to onderland today.  Let me pull you in too!  So glad to see you reaching for your goals.  I was struggling too about a month ago.  The beauty of the sleeve is that it is still there for you to use to be successful.  Plan your choices and reach for your success!!!  Congratulations!

Nothing worth having comes easy.  Success comes with hard work and determination and sacrifice!   

ROCK ON!             
Mom4Jazz
on 9/21/11 10:36 am
Congratulations for getting back on track! Stick with it and you'll get there.

Please try not to compare. Stay here for support and stick to your program, but remember - all of us are different. I see the people who started with less to lose and feel like I've got so far to go, but really all I have to do is follow my program each day and let the rest take care of itself.

Hugs! I'm proud of you.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

onehappygirl
on 9/21/11 2:36 pm
Feeling better is everything! Congrats to you for just feeling better! These days with your daughters are the most precious time in your life and getting your health and vitality back are the best gifts you can give them. They want you to be around for a long time.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 79 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views