New Sleeve....Protein Barf!!!!

Kokay
on 9/22/11 12:19 am

I had revisions surgery from the band to the sleeve on Friday.  I can't look at the protein drink mix without feeling nausea.  I got all the sample packs with over 20 different options and have leftovers from the band but I'm seriously going to yack if I have to drink this stuff.....Any advice?

roundater
on 9/22/11 12:58 am - Lincoln, NE
I have found that Body Fortress - Super Advanced Whey Protein - Strawberry with two cups of skim milk works very well for me. No nausea and has 70 grams of protein. Hope this helps. Protein bars are usually too full of carbs to justify the protein. Hope this helps.
Rich Sonderegger

slimpickins5280
on 9/22/11 1:03 am - CO
Well, if you like a really sweet taste try Pro-to-Go shakes. I buy them online. They DEFINITELY don't taste and smell like the other protein shakes. They mix really easily with water and they are great for on the go. They are only 15 protein and 1 carb, so I usually mix 2 together into 6-8 oz of water. I've also mixed in a vanilly or flavorless protein powder with them and they still taste good. Tropical Wild Berry is my favorite.

Disclaimer: I haven't had surgery yet, but did over 2 years of Dr. prescribed weightloss. I've tried every shake there is.

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/cold-drinks/protein-wea lth-pro-to-go-1-bottle.html

These are the least "shake-like". They aren't cheap, but this website has price breaks, so I buy a bunch of them at once.

Good luck!

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

hollykim
on 9/22/11 1:17 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
This is probably not the best item to use. The first ingredient is hydrolyzed gelatin aand the second is whey protein concentrate.

By listing the gelatin as the first ingredient, that means it contains more gelatin than anything else. It could have 99% gelatin and 1% whey concentrate,which is not gonna do you any good. It might make your nails stronger,but it is not a good source of protein for nutrition.

collaghen and gelatin is way cheal. Wheey isolae is more expensive. Manufacturers often use the cheapest thing they can get and as long as consumers don't know any better,that is more money in their pockets for an inferior product.

GL on your upcoming surgery.

abrown8434
on 9/24/11 10:41 am - VA
I would try Syntax Nectar unflavored protein powder or some other medical grade unflavored protein powder. That way you can mix it w/water or other liquids and it doesn't feel like you're drinking a protein drink but you're still getting protein.

I hope this helps!

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 246 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views