Answer to Taste change?

PapaJack
on 9/25/11 6:44 pm - VA
I saw on Dr OZ talk about taste. Say's bad fat will affect our taste buds & make them work less. By getting off of the bad fats our taste buds come back.
I think this is what happened to us who have a greater taste since the surgery. We are eatting right & WOW! The taste on everything is strong. What do you think?

Sleeved July 26 2011
Dr. Clark Newport News VA
Married 40 years
2 Kids, 2 Grandkids
1 old dog        

lanunes
on 9/25/11 6:55 pm - CA
 I'm not exactly sure why our taste changes after surgery, but I can say that I used to have a super sweet tooth before surgery and now after most things sweet make me gag.....I think this is a good thing though.....lol
      Leslie Nunes              
(deactivated member)
on 9/25/11 10:21 pm
That sounds like it could be right. I think it took a few weeks for my taste to change. Right after surgery I still loved my sweet protein shakes, but only now are they starting to get too sweet for me. I licked the knife after cutting my son's birthday cake and it was waaaay too sweet. But I feel sure that if I made myself eat sweets again I would get the taste back for them.
Frantom
on 9/26/11 7:02 am
I guess he's entitled to his own theory.
It could be other stuff too.
I was a choco-holic before the sleeve, now I haven't had more than two small pieces in 4 months - and even those were more for curiousity to see if I still liked it yet.  I'm having problems cooking for friends because everything seems too salty or too sweet now.  My taste buds have done a 180 when it comes to creamy - most stuff is just too "anything".  But that's good in one way - I don't get so thirsty during meals so the "no liquids during meals" has been a lot easier to follow.

May D.
on 9/26/11 10:53 am
I quit smoking 3 years ago and did have a taste change.  Food tasted much better ot me, but I've had no taste change or any issues since surgery and I'm happy about that.  
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views