A couple NSVs rolled into one night

LeahBea
on 9/30/11 3:58 pm
VSG on 05/31/11 with
So, for the first time in a while I went out. Between my work and school schedule I hardly ever have time to go out anymore. But it was a friend's last day at work today and we had a going away party/dinner at a nearby restaurant after work. So I went and had a great time, and almost everyone that was there kept telling me how great I look and how awesome they think it is that I did this for myself and that I'm doing so well, etc.

And as I'm leaving I run into my exboyfriend's best friend and his wife. They are great people and I was friends with them once upon a time so I stopped and talked to them for a little while. He asked if I had lost weight and I told him I had. And then he asked if my ex had seen how great I look... to which i replied, "Don't know and I'm not sure I would care even if he did." We talked for a little while longer and then I said goodnight. ZING!

And then I stopped by my regular bar to say hi to some friends before heading home. And a friend of mine that I haven't seen since about a month before my surgery happened to be there. As I went to give him a big hug he picked me up! Off the floor! And it didn't give him a hernia or cause him to drop dead from the strain! LOL and he (along with a several other people I knew there) made a point to tell me how wonderful I look.

I know it's little and kind of stupid but damn does that feel good! To not just hear it from family, but from everyone else. Made my night and thought I'd share.

Leah

kimbethin
on 9/30/11 5:56 pm - CA
LOVE IT!  Congrats to you
putting one foot in front of the other...        
BJUpNorth
on 10/1/11 2:46 am - MN
NSV's are never silly to us they are happening too. I know it is about losing weight and being healthy, but the comments about how we look can sure make it all a lot of fun.
Congratulations on your NSV's and wishing you many more to come!
Brenda

sunnymicki
on 10/1/11 3:06 am
Its not little or stupid at all!!!

Just reading about your experience made ME feel good, so I can only imagine how it felt for you!

Honestly, I think its important to share, because for me, five days out of surgery, I haven't experienced those NSV's yet, just the hard parts of recovery.  You give me something to look forward to!

5'9" All weight lost post-op. Goal weight determined by body composition testing.

LeahBea
on 10/2/11 11:09 pm
VSG on 05/31/11 with
I'm glad that it gives you something to look forward to. Trust me when i say you'll be here soon enough. Hope recovery is getting easier! Best of luck.

Leah

Crunchy As Can Be
on 10/3/11 9:48 am - NY
I LOVE hearing stories like this-- you're doing GREAT!!
 ~~Emily~~

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 243 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 310 views