Can this be right?

tanieanie
on 10/1/11 1:59 am - WI
My question is about restriction.  I am 5 months out and still have massive restriction. I can eat half a fillet of fish and be over stuffed.  A chicken breast would be 3 meals for me.  (WHICH IS GREAT, Im not complaining)  I have a friend who also has had the surgery who can eat in one setting... a  cup of soup, 3 ounce chicken and a little veggies.   I saw that and was like WOW.  That seems like a normal meal.  She is 2 months ahead of me on surgery date and I'm starting to worry that my restriction will change.  Any Ideas on the matter?

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/11 2:18 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Your restriction may well change.

For me - if I ate those things TOGETHER I could eat more than I could if I only ate dense protein.

If I eat dense protein PLUS something that makes it mushy, soupy, or if I eat veggies with it, or carbs WITH it, I can eat more than I could if I just ate dense protein (maybe moist, but not soggy) alone.

Remember, as much as it chaps people's asses to hear its still true

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO EAT AS MUCH AS YOU CAN POSSIBLY FIT IN YOUR TUM!

Capitals for emphasis, not for yelling. 

frisco
on 10/1/11 9:51 am
On October 1, 2011 at 9:18 AM Pacific Time, ~Brandilynn Wonderland~ wrote:
Your restriction may well change.

For me - if I ate those things TOGETHER I could eat more than I could if I only ate dense protein.

If I eat dense protein PLUS something that makes it mushy, soupy, or if I eat veggies with it, or carbs WITH it, I can eat more than I could if I just ate dense protein (maybe moist, but not soggy) alone.

Remember, as much as it chaps people's asses to hear its still true

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO EAT AS MUCH AS YOU CAN POSSIBLY FIT IN YOUR TUM!

Capitals for emphasis, not for yelling. 

What Brandilynn said !!!!

I'd rather have your sleeve than your friends sleeve !!!!

Your eating sounds about like mine !!!!

I can tell you for a fact...if I ate like your friend.... I would not have made goal........

Note: Every bodies tolerance for food, carbs, calories are different. Not at all saying what I did is the only way....It was my surgeons way and it worked for me. People sometimes get this a little twisted.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

sianabob
on 10/1/11 2:20 am, edited 10/1/11 3:11 am
Sometimes it depends onthe surgeon. . They do them different sizes.. some peoples stomachs are longer so they may have different capacity. .. some people stretch theirs with their eating / drinking habits.. when the swelling subsidies there is a little more room.. I am 10.5 months out and still have great restriction ... there are too many variables to compare sleeves.. we just have to rock what we got

dicastro1010
on 10/1/11 2:46 am - Escondido, CA
You can stretch your stomach by drinking too much??? I hadn't heard that before. I thought liquids pretty much just pass on through. ?? Is there anything to validate that? 
Hi I'm Diana! I'm 5'10 and hoping to get down to 165 :) Feel free to friend me! 

sianabob
on 10/1/11 3:10 am
if you drink soda the carbination can swell.. and if you drink too soon after you eat the water cannot pass freely since there is food in there so you can overfill it that way.. or so my doc says.. however I will try to find a link

frisco
on 10/1/11 9:44 am

It depends if your pyloric valve is closed or open.

That's why your not supposed to drink after eating for 30+ minutes.......

You can build up internal "pressure" by over eating or drinking on top of food.

There is only so much volume between a closed pyloric valve and you esophagus which is a semi one way valve.

Learning your pyloric valve function is probably the single most important information that is not talked about.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

dicastro1010
on 10/1/11 12:43 pm - Escondido, CA
Interesting. I'll have to do some research about the pyloric valve so that I don't stretch mine by drinking too much!! I don't drink soda or anything, but can get crystal light and ice water down pretty quickly compared to some of the posts I read.
Hi I'm Diana! I'm 5'10 and hoping to get down to 165 :) Feel free to friend me! 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views