Officially training for a 10K

msulme
on 10/6/11 4:12 am - KY
I posted on here a few days ago how I have been at a stall for 8 weeks.  I talked to my trainer about it and she has convinced me to train for the Thanksgiving day Race here in Cincinnati, OH.  She said it'd be a great way to break my stall.  It's a 10K!  I'm absolutely scared to death but SO excited to even have the ability to finish now that I'm 76lbs lighter.  I managed to get some friends on board as well, some that are true runners and some that aren't.  Just to have a support group is going to be amazing.  I can't wait to know what it feels like to cross the finish line.  What a blessing my sleeve has been. 

Maryatt50
on 10/6/11 4:14 am
You go girl.  I am sure you will do great.  WOW that is a undertaking but I bet it will break that stall.  Hang in there.  Good Luck! Mary 
joeswife
on 10/6/11 5:44 am - CA

That's so exciting, I am sure training will break that stahl! Good for you, Iook forward to starting my exercise routine when approved by my doctor. Way to go!

Jp2lose
on 10/6/11 6:16 am - Omaha, NE
Good luck! I just ran a 10K on 9/18. It was my first race ever. I started running about a year ago and it was great motivation to push me harder.

Jen

dicastro1010
on 10/6/11 7:35 am - Escondido, CA
Congrats! Training for a run is a great way to drop the lbs fast. You are burning so much that even without the sleeve it's hard to eat "too much" when you are running so often. I used to do 10k's and marathons often. I can't wait to get enough weight off to start up again. Only next time I will have control over my carb loading old ways. Haha. So jealous!!
Hi I'm Diana! I'm 5'10 and hoping to get down to 165 :) Feel free to friend me! 

Crunchy As Can Be
on 10/7/11 2:32 am - NY
Awesome! I can't wait to hear more as the event gets closer!!
 ~~Emily~~

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views