Preparation and Second Guessing

lavendargirl1
on 10/9/11 2:14 am

Thank you, that was our original plan. To go have surgery in Mexicali on Wednesday and then when I get out of hospital on Saturday, head to the beach and relax for 5 days. I usually do all the driving when in the city, but obviously I wont be able to.
We have been talking all night and Yes I am going to do it! Just need to decide now where to go after for a few days r and r to celebrate 25 years together.
We live in Las Vegas and dont want to just come home.

star733
on 10/9/11 7:37 am
sorry guys, i didnt mean to offend anyone with the comment about mexico-i'm new here and when i 1st mentioned my sleeve to some friends, one of my nurse friends went off about mexico and several of her patients dying! i wasnt trying to diss on MX doctors---there is a specific hospital in nashville who has a lot of lawsuits from bariatric surgeries, that she told me about too! i think it's awesome that y'all found a good place in MX to go! i used to buy fertility drugs from a place in MX when i was trying to get PG and couldn't afford them, any longer---so i completely understand when insurance won't cover stuff!!! i was lucky and my insurance covered my sleeve and i only had to pay $3000 of it...of course, i had to jump thru hoops for almost 5 months but it all worked out!
BUT---i dont think you'll feel like laying around on the beach or shopping or anything fun, in MX, after your surgery! i'll be 2 weeks out, tomorrow, and i get tired just going to the grocery store! the lack of calories and your body trying to heal takes a lot out of you!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 365 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 410 views